Is there a such thing as a perfect weekend when you're a Jehovah's Witness?

by miseryloveselders 38 Replies latest jw friends

• elderelite
    elderelite

This thread is SOO funny... and so sadly true.. We are, evidently, not only the "happiest" people on earth, but also the only people who HATE weekends and PRAY to go to work.. so so sad... Having the early meeting on sunday is nice cause you at least dont miss the NFL.. the day these guys write an article telling us no more football is the day I'm no longer a door mat

but we seriously must be the only people who pray for rain on the weekends.. who have to convince our wives/husbands not to go to church while on vacation.. the whole thing is so sad

our houses are a mess.. our yards weedfilled and nasty looking.. our kids are neglected and ignored.. our wives are left to go out in service and find ways to fill the void because the org "needs" men to reach out.. our husbands are left neglected,hungry, and sexually deprived so our wives can "pioneer" and do the lords work... but sure we are the "happiest" people on earth.. cant wait for this x10 in the new world!!!! well... off to meeting for me!!! Yea WT time!!

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

"Perfect weekend"??? I would go out in service saturday morning dread every step and every knock of the door praying no one would answer. Finally it was over 2 hours seemed like 2 days. Would get home and start counting the hours till the next saturday...so not only a crappy weekend but would ruin my whole week till the next saturday...

• tec
    tec

(((Chickpea))) and (((Misery)))

MLE, you sound at the end of your rope. I hope you get out soon. You make me worried about you. You also remind me that the next poor jw that comes to the door might be feeling exactly as you are feeling, and might be in need of a friendly face rather than an angry and irritated one.

Tammy

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

How I hated saturday mornings, when I was a Zerg...

• simon17
    simon17

You sound wholly miserable :(

Just analyze some of the things you're saying to yourself. You're filled with guilt over all these things that you are doing on your wasted weekend. Guilty over watching MMA because Jehovah hates violence? The god that made the T-Rex, bacteria, vultures, lions, etc? The god that made a universe filled with colliding galaxies, supernova, pulsars, etc? The god that required the mass killing of animals as sacrifices because he liked the smell? The god that wiped out millions upon millions of people in wars, pillaging, diseases, floods, celestials firestorms. The god that promises that armagheddon and armagheddon II will happen in a few years and then 1000 years after that? And YOU feel guilty for watching an MMA match? I hope that your mind can break free misery.

• tec
    tec

As a sidenote - I also watch MMA on occasion. I think about it this way: those two guys have nothing against one another (besides what the media plays up for better sales). They're just pushing themselves to their full physical potential. How often do you see them hug or shake hands at the hand, or encourage one another, laugh or trade jokes? I hate violence. But this seems more like a sport (which it is) than baseless violence to cause harm to another person.

Tammy

• Ding
    Ding

I'm always nice to JWs who come to my door, only none of them will come to my door any more.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They have to attend a two hour meeting plus one or two preaching sessions to complete their 10 hours for the month so they can't enjoy a care free weekend. Other religions do just one hour at church on Sunday and nobody cares if they don't attend.

• dssynergy
    dssynergy

I could help you have a perfect weekend....

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

My dear, you're confusing love for God with loyalty to a cult. There's nothing wrong with a young man wanting to be in the company of young women or watching sports. God doesn't expect you to go door to door with a message from a damaging cult, study the Watchtower's poison or attend mind numbing meetings. You actually can love God without the Watchtower, and you can actually be a good person without God. It's up to you to decide how you want to live, so please just choose and live.

All of the ex and exiting young jws I've ever talked to have experienced the trauma of the Watctower turning their own bodies against them. Masturbation and sexual desire are in the makeup of all animals, including the human animal. Fighting against it is like fighting against breathing. Things like sports, parties, companionship, and sex are all normal activities, and feeling guilty for wanting them or participating in them is wasted effort.

Please, my dear, start a serious attempt to build a social structure outside of he Watchtower now. Then you can ease yourself into a normal life. If I remember correctly, you live in an area where there is a huge exjw community with a large meet-up group, some of whom I know. Many of them can help you with making new friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit