WHY? WHY? WHY?

by Reopened Mind 24 Replies latest jw friends

• lifelong humanist
    lifelong humanist

Reopened Mind

Read your story with interest - thanks for posting. Glad to hear that you describe yourself as a secular humanist - there are many like-minded posters here. I also enjoy reading scientific articles and human evolutionary discoveries - as I studied art at school and art design college, I was very ignorant of things scientific growing up in the cult.

I believe that a large percentage of former JWs go on to realize that they are really just secular humanists - I know that this was the best way to describe myself after I da'd in 2003 as a third generation born-in.

lifelong humanist

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

what a fine opening post, and you must have been going through torture not allowing your son that blood transfusion, how did he survive?

hope you will be fulfilled in your search and please share you findings about the fraud and lies of The WTS, you could be helping many.

• greendawn
    greendawn

You and your family had the same experience as millions of other people as there are many deceivers in the world today the watchtower being just one of the many organisations that belong to this crooked religious club. At least your experience shows that you had an interest in finding the truth though this was abused. As long as you clear all the pointless religious clutter that numbs the mind and get on with life that's the best outcome at this time.

It's a process that goes on constantly tens of thousands of people get deceived and move in and tens of thousands realise they had been deceived previously and move out, it's like a revolving door.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Welcome to the forum.

I have decided that I can forgive men for their ignorance, but God would not write a book that encourages women to be "property" or secondary to men (among other things God wouldn't put in His book).

Your move toward the exit might allow your sons to consider reopening their minds- if I am reading this right.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I read your story with interest. I too converted as a 13 year old, just a few years after you. I had many of the same thoughts as you did and also swallowed the BS hook line and sinker. At that age your thinking skills are just not developed and of course, as a JW, they never will be. good luck on your exit, thanks for sharing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit