On the day you eat...

by PSacramento 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• snowbird
    snowbird

Google "dying you will die."

Syl

• The Finger
    The Finger

Personally, my view is that: on that day, Adam and Eve gave up their "immortality" with God and as such, they did indeed "die" that day.

Did the drop over dead and die?

I agree.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

It's like telling someone "You're a dead man." It's just a matter of time.

Rub a Dub

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

OTWO,

Oh I don't mind different view ppoints other than my own, I think you know me well enough about that :)

I just wanted to be clear what DD was saying.

As for the artcicle I posted, I thought it was an interesting POV.

Personally I view Genesis as a story of how man was created and came to fall "from Grace" and so forth, while there may be SOME historical stiff in there, most is just just a very colorful story full of symbolisims and so forth.

At its core, the message is one I agree with:

Man and the world came to be via God, Man's desire to "be God" once Man came to "know God" caused his fall from grace.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I was just making sure before I posted, and maybe saying what I said to other posters, not just you.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Tammy

That raises the age old question, if you are "DEAD" spiritualy, how can you respond to God?
    By gaining life through and having faith in His Son.

How does a dead spirit(?) do anything... if it's dead? For example: Did/could Lazarus do anything to get resurrected?

PSac

Are you suggesting they DID drop over dead?

I'm asking if they where spiritualy D-E-A-D dead, not just sick.

• sabastious
    sabastious

If a "day" for God is a thousand years for us would that not mean time is much faster for God?

How can you have a personal relationship with an entity that is moving through time 1000x faster than you?

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

Also, I think it's kind of jacked up that God talked in metaphor when speaking to Adam about the ill effects of eating from the tree.

-Sab

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    I'm asking if they where spiritualy D-E-A-D dead, not just sick.

AH, understood.

Like I mentioned before, it seems to me that on that day, Adma and Eve died in the sense of losing thier place in Eden and their "immortality".

There had to be a "death" of some sort and a death of something, otherwise the passage, even as symbolisim or hyperbole or whatever, would make no sense at all.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    If a "day" for God is a thousand years for us would that not mean time is much faster for God?
    How can you have a personal relationship with an entity that is moving through time 1000x faster than you?

Its a metaphore for God being outside of time and time not really applying to God.

Also, I think it's kind of jacked up that God talked in metaphor when speaking to Adam about the ill effects of eating from the tree.

Well, we don't really know how the conversation went, it could have gone like this:

God: Dude, eat what you want, but don't eat the fruit of that tree cause it will give you the runs, you'd wish your were dead !!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit