shunning is love - Feb 15 2011 Watchtower

by jj123jj123 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Coffee House Girl
  • sweet pea
    sweet pea

We are disfellowshipped.

My JW mother in law has been warming up this last year, in fact she even hassles me when I don't reply in a timely fashion to her emails/texts now! LOL

I guess things will go quiet again now . . .

• besty
    besty

Sept 1 2005 (probably Awake!) entitled " Mennonites Search for Bible Truth "

After describing some of the things that are controlled and forbidden by some Mennonite groups, the article states:

"Many feel oppressed and live in dread of being expelled from the community - a terrible prospect for one who has never experienced life outside"

It then gives the story of John, who saw a copy of the Watchtower magazine and obtained a subscription for it. After he died 10 members of his family met some JW missionaries and started a study. After the first study, this is what the article said happened:

"A few days later, the church elders came to the home of John's family with an ultimatum for the interested ones. "We heard that Jehovah's Witnesses visited you. You must forbid them to return and unless you hand over their literature to be burned, you face expulsion"......."We cannot do as you ask" replied one of the family heads. How did the elders react? They expelled them for studying the Bible!. This was a cruel blow indeed."

The article then goes on to describe the hardships faced by those that were expelled, such as being dismissed from their job and a wife taken away from her expelled husband.

Sidepoint: I find the humour of the unstoppable object meeting the immovable wall pretty funny. Mennonite elders burning JW books and JW's being forbidden to read Mennonite literature all wrapped up in one big joint mutual shunning fest. Welcome to the 15th century.

• boyzone
    boyzone

>>> shunning is love <<<

The act of shunning is the mental equivilent of a man that beats his wife to a pulp, sees her tears and her pain and then says, "don't cry dear, I'm only doing this to you because I love you"

Sick.

• The Finger
    The Finger

When my young brother was disfellowshiped my father had to encourage my mother to talk to him. (He seriously needed talking too.) The useless body of elders were only interested in handing him over to Satan. My Brother couldn't agree not to see the young woman involved as she found herself in the hospital. So he was disfellowshiped, (against my advice.)

My father also had to encourage the Elders to talk with my brother as he was in a bad way. It was a real mess. Their attitude cost them. Love i don't think so.

That probably sounds as if my brother put her in the hospital. He didn't.

• jam
    jam

some may say I am living A unclean life, why because my companion and I have been

living togather for 16yrs. Why we do not get married, it,s complicated. We are both in our 60,s.

The last time I talk to my Elder brother(JW Elder) he told me the devil has blind me because

of my life style. Now the twist in this story. My wife, for the last 10yrs. she have A medical

condition and this has taken away her desire for sex, and that is fine with me more, time for golf.

But seriously I love my wife and we or very very happy, and Iam older now and sex is not A

big problem. So to make A long story short, we have not slept togather in 10yrs. Now when

my JW wife and I got divorce, she was married within A year. When we divorce we had joint

custody of our two young ones. I lived close by so I could see my kids. Within weeks after

the divorce A new brother move into the area, the sisters where all over this brother, my

ex-wife won out. There were nites my kids call up, Dad we are hungry, Mom have not been here all day, my son was 12 and

my daughter 10. I would go over pick them and they spend the nite we me. My ex

would return the next day. There was one time I went over and the guy was in her bed room.

OK , none of my business who my ex-wife sleep with. He was A MS AND BECAME a Elder

A year later. The point who are you to judge people. I have been shunn for 23yrs.

• boyzone
    boyzone

(((jam)))

There's no justice.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I need to quit reading this shit. It just makes me angry at the WTBTS. Otherwise, I have a measure of peace and happiness when I ignore it.

This sums up my view, too.

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

If one of the reasons for shunning is to keep the congregation "clean" then it is failing miserable.

I am a currently practicing elder. So I know.

Congregations are crawling with filth of every kind. Concealed fifth that rarely comes to light because of political reasons.

There are pedophiles, adulturers and incest. There are liars and gossipers and bullies.

Actually the congregations mirror the outside world, its just that the organization legislates how we are to act toward one another. So we appear kind and loving and helpful on the outside. Inside, we are teaming with disappointment and mental anguish. Of course, this is not true in all instances. There are truly warm and loving people in the organization. There are warm and loving people outside of the organization also.

In my experience, the people in the congregation that are disfellowshipped are actually some of the nicest people there. They feel guilt about their wrongdoing and either confess outright or do not deny it when the wrongdoing is presented to them.

Religion, ALL RELIGION, is indeed a snare and a racket.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Shunning is love, war is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit