shunning is love - Feb 15 2011 Watchtower

by jj123jj123 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cheerios
    cheerios

>> One individual who was disfellowshipped and was later reinstated wrote: “I am happy that Jehovah loves his people enough to see that his organization is kept clean. What may seem harsh to outsiders is both necessary and really a loving thing to do.” <<

I bet that was the legendary 'Andre' ... that guy really gets around

• carla
    carla

marking

• Heaven
    Heaven

hopefully more "outsiders" think cult instead of "harsh"...

Every single person I talk to who is an outsider thinks JWs are freaks so the shunning policy isn't helping the Borg at all with non-JWs. You'd think they'd have figured that out by now.

man in black... I always enjoy reading your stories of you and your dog helping others out. You are a great example of what is meant by Christ's teachings of love and helping those less fortunate.

LOL @ cheerios!

• chickpea
    chickpea

i STILL am not sure if i have been DF'd since
    some of the g00bers still talk to me in passing!!!
    WTH???

however, i no longer dodge the dr0nes that i
    encounter in public ( i used to duck around
    corners with agility unexpected for a plump lady)

now i look 'em right in the eye and say "HI"
    usually with their name, but i find i am not able
    to always remember their names... it is THEIR
    sharia law b0rg teaching to uphold, not mine...

there is generally only one of us smiling...
    guess who is GENUINELY happy with life?

tragic sheeple who can be convinced
    shunning shows love.....

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

• jambon1
    jambon1

Shunning a family member or friend is sub-human. People who actually do this are nothing short of filth in my opinion.

What gets me is that the WT more or less says that the person may return to the org because of your firm stance on shunning. So they are agreeing that emotional blackmail is a tool that can & should be used against people to bring them back in line.

****ing disgusting.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Shunning is not loving it is a punishment. I understand that they do want to keep the congregation clean....so that the paedo's can roam more freely.

mmxiv

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

This topic makes my blood boil. I am not a hateful person, but this just brings out the hate and rage that I have locked away for the Organization™. The damage that shunning does to the persons psyche is unbelievable, inhumane and disgusting.

The WTS is Satan incarnate imo. If you believe in a devil that is...

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Got it in one Jambon.

But why do the WT society want emotionally blackmailed hostages? They'll just end up with a load of apathetic, non-contributing, depressed / medicated individuals who constantly need to be exhorted to do more and only stay through fear of disfellowshipping.

Oh wait - that's what they've got already.

• Violia
    Violia

Elders tell me that DF is not punishment thus shunnning is not love. You are an unfit, an outcast. God does not want you. It is not rehab for the soul. Thus those who shun are not showing love, they hate the person and the person could just as well be dead. According to jewish law they would be dead and how dearly they do wish they could stone evil dooers to death, but the law of the land prohibits it. They shun b/c they can't stone.

They are a mean spitefilled org . I can't believe I wasted so much of my life with them.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Shunning is love....

well this changes everything I have felt in my heart the last 10 yrs...

I am so happy now... My children have shown me so much love by not inviting me to their Graduations, and all those other things I have missed!

I am so full of Love. Thank You Jehovah for setting me straight, I have the MOST Loving Children ever.

I am soooooooooo Lucky! I can't wait to miss their Weddings!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit