How many of you atheists, agnostics, deists are celebrating Xmas??

by SweetBabyCheezits 56 Replies latest jw friends

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

1. Just because we celebrate, doesn't mean it's for religious reasons. We go to parties and get-togethers for no other reason than to have a good time. Why should holidays be any different? Since we don't fear an omniscient, jealous deity is waiting to see if we display a Xmas tree so he can punish us, it's a null issue.

Exactly my point, what I was saying previously is thats up to the sole individual to how much they want to get

involved in with any religious celebration, without the influance of others.

The WTS/JWs is a bogus organization, just as the rest of them are.

Thats why I do Christmas - lite. no big deal

Have fun by the way during the holidays SweetbabyCheezits you deserve it

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I just started 3-4 yrs ago Celebrating the Holidays..... because before then...... it wasn't for me.

My wife was very Patient with me..... I was very Debbie Downer at first... then the Holiday Spirit Entered Darth...

And it was Good!

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Gotcha, TrueOne. I see what you're saying now, I was just making sure you knew your earlier comment...

Why is it that people who leave the JWS think they have to automatically celebrate anything,

...doesn't apply to all who leave and celebrate holidays.

• warmasasunned
    warmasasunned

i LOVE christmas .....its what you make it, no i dont belive in god in the convetional sense, just dont get it, to long winded to explain. christmas for me is about santa, christmas trees, decs, yeah if you want to include the enjoyable story of the baby jesus do so......REMEMBER you were brain washed .....your free to do what you want now. i was lucky i wasnt born into the cult of religion be that jws or any other....so when i left nearly twenty years ago i couldnt wait to start celebrating christmas again. i had seven years of not celebrating christmas, the x wife left first she had a christmas tree up by the end of october....of course i was horriffid!!! ( everytime she went out i did a little jig of joy all the twinkling little lghts and decorations, i could of hugged that tree) i had already left in my heart, i hadnt been to the meeting for 3 months i went back for about two weeks, and i havent stepped inside a kingdom hall since. look guys the truth is this.... whats the issue? if its not hurting anyone enjoy it .... christmas is for everyone atheists christians muslims whatever!

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Hell, I would even sing christmas carols, who cares.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

^ SweetBabyCheezits cares. All 8lbs 3oz of him.... lying in his little donkey trough.

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

Who says you have to celebrate Christmas or any other far flung festival of religious origin. I know alot of people who never been associated with the JWS and they never played up to this bogus religious event either. If your daughter has been indoctrinated with JW beliefs she most likely wont miss participating big time into Christmas celebrations. Why is it that people who leave the JWS think they have to automatically celebrate anything, you'd be surprised to know how many people not JWS, shrug off these old traditional celebrations as well. Make your own individualist self expressive thought the most important to you and your family rather than being influenced from outside social events such as these old traditional celebrations.

Equally worth asking is why people who leave and choose not to mark these occasions so often feel that others shouldn't as well.

There is no right or wrong way to be an ex-Dub. If you don't want to participate, cool! But no reason others can't. You choose to emphasize the religious aspects of Christmas, some of us choose to emphasize the secular aspects...pick the approach that works for you. I won't force you to wish me a Merry Christmas if you don't force me to avoid saying it myself. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit