How many of you atheists, agnostics, deists are celebrating Xmas??

by SweetBabyCheezits 56 Replies latest jw friends

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I am agnostic. I am celebrating Christmas because it's fun. We are on our 3rd year celebrating it, it's wonderful!! Enjoy it.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Very nice, LH. I like your style. The humanist perspective, or what little I know of it, is a positive one. I plan on investigating it further in the near future.

I'm expecting that we will let our means of celebration evolve as the kids get older. Right now, we explain to them that it has no religious significance to us, but is a general celebration of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. The fact that we are taking part in xmas traditions is symbolic of our new freedom from JW superstition and bondage.

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

I celebrate Christmas as a purely secular holiday, although I do occasionally send out religiously themed cards to my Christian friends that I know will appreciate the sentiment.

I do not give or accept gifts. I encourage anyone who is inclined to buy a gift for me to spend that money on their children or donate it to their favorite charity.

• undercover
    undercover

I celebrate...sorta, kinda... It's in my own way though. I don't care about the baby Jesus or mangers or singing angels. I don't do the decorating or gift giving. I like the parties, mostly. I like the music, I like the lights, I like how people have the xmas spirit...the good cheer, the good will toward all thing.

I like how xmas season livens the mood up as the days get darker and the weather gets colder and wetter. Instead of hunkering down for a long winter, we find a way to have fun instead. It's a fun time that can be enjoyed whether you're into the religious aspect of it or not.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

OH OH OH ME ME ME! (Raises hand and jumps up and down!) We do all the holidays even easter dosn't mean I believe in this jebus fellow any more than I believe in that santa guy but it's a lot of fun so we do it big!

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

I like the parties, mostly. I like the music, I like the lights...

I love all that too, but I find it hard hear Jesus talking to me above the noise.

Still, I can guess what he was saying, everybody else does!

• chickpea
    chickpea

i have about 6 strings of lights
    to light up the long cold dark....

i have one kid who really wants
    to be xmas-y, so i am sending
    her a box with gifts, mostly
    thrift store kitsch with a winter/
    xmas theme.....

none of the other escapees apostates
    i call family give 2 craps in a handbag...
    so they get a $100 kiva.org certificate ....
    have to lend the funds once, and can
    then withdraw them.....

basically, not gonna turn down an
    invite to events if i dont have to,
    but not sponsoring one of my own...
    my good deeds and gifting truly ARE
    NOT limited to a single holiday season

• james_woods
    james_woods

I am nothing religious - the family is Buddhist from the mother's side - oriental.

We always do it, including the tree, because she thinks it is important for the kids to practice American culture.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Anything that brings people togther in the spirit of love and friendship is a good thing, even if it inculdes atheists.

;)

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Easter is fun.... I make faces on the eggs and try to remember where I hid all the eggs.

I just don't like the Church Service....... at times I enter the Holy of Holies. And get blessed for the wife.... it Burns thou....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit