They keep pushing and pushing for the rank and file to do more and more. Dec 15 WT

by life is to short 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ding
    Ding

"There was a huge growth in the early 70's-per my parents."

That's because 1975 was going to bring Armageddon, and the WTS stirred JWs into a frenzy of witnessing activity... give up everything else, pioneer, give it everything you've got because the finish line is so close...

• flipper
    flipper

The way I see it is this : The WT society is seeing a slowing down of field service activity, meeting attendance is down - and deep down ( though the society would never admit it ) they are WORRIED that rank & file witnesses really are NOT buying into the overlapping generation theory . So the WT society is trying to re-emphasize HOW URGENT the time is that we REALLY ARE in the last days and it is extremely important to whip up a frenzy of field service activity to " keep close in mind " the day of Jah. I think the society is desperately trying to keep members connected to their plan. I think it's just a rallying cry from the WT society to control and whip up emotional fear in members propelling them into further active field service activity. Just a ploy

• sabastious
    sabastious
    they are WORRIED that rank & file witnesses really are NOT buying into the overlapping generation theory

Why WOULD they buy into it? They know it will be changed again. Boy who cried wolf comes to mind.

-Sab

• bennyk
    bennyk

"We are living in the time of the end, there is plenty of evidence-both Scriptural and historical-to prove that." (WT, 15. Dec. 2010, p. 7)

Oh, really?

"This great increase of knowledge and the tremendous running to and fro of the people in various parts of the earth without question is a fulfillment of the prophecy testifying as to 'the time of the end'. These physical facts cannot be disputed and are sufficient to convince any reasonable mind that we have been in 'the time of the end' since 1799." (The Harp of God, p.234)

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Despite being told since I was a toddler that I would never finish school because the end was so near, I graduated anyway in 1975. My best friend and I were the the only kids in the Hall that didn't drop out. We didn't even go to our own graduation because doing so was considered a misuse of time that could be spent in the ministry. I didn't even get so much as a graduation card from anyone. Decades later, my oldest kid graduated in the year 2000 and just went to his 10 year reunion this past summer. My old friend left the Org decades ago. He called me a while back and said " Hey Exwhyzee... weren't we supposed to be perfect by now???" "How many 96 year olds do you see walking around" (referring to the 1914 generation)

Over the last 3 and a half decades since 1975, if I hadn't disregarded the constant talk about the urgency of the times once in awhile, other than sitting through long assemblies and driving around in field service, we would have no lifes experiences or great memories to look back on with our family. I would feel even more cheated than I already do.

• caliber
    caliber

This great increase of knowledge and the tremendous running to and fro of the people in various parts of the earth without question is a fulfillment of the prophecy testifying as to 'the time of the end'. These physical facts cannot be disputed and are sufficient to convince any reasonable mind that we have been in 'the time of the end' since 1799." (The Harp of God, p.234)

My mother a JW, always talks about how her mother lived and verified to her that the whole world changed in 1914

yet here they have things changing way back in 1799 Wow !

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I've seen too many friends and family members slaughtering themselves on the alter of the borg.

They're not having my carcass.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

The NWT Bible should be made of jelly or chewing gum so that the GB can stretch and compress the teachings as they see fit.

• metatron
    metatron

Let this article stand as evidence of the entrenched, 'seared in the conscience' evil of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. Having cheated and defrauded masses of people for 130 years, they are fully determined to continue this lying and dishonest activity. They just don't care.

Never stop fighting or opposing them. They are crooks incapable of ever saying "I'm sorry" and changing.

metatron

• agonus
    agonus

Are they telling the brothers working on the new educational facility they'll need to keep up their sense of urgency until at least 2014, so it can be completed? And I assume that the fact that it's being built would necessarily imply that they intend to USE the educational facility to, er, educate folks, which would imply a wee bit more time tacked onto the 2014 completion date? Unless they expect Armageddon to come before that but the building to still be completed, and then, maybe used in the New System of Things?

Somebody explain how this vision is supposed to play out exactly, please?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit