They keep pushing and pushing for the rank and file to do more and more. Dec 15 WT

by life is to short 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious
    If getting the word out is so urgent....why is so much time spent going door to door when one television broadcast/commercial would reach millions around the globe ?

Shhhh!

"If the Organization is pushing a certain way of preaching, IT MUST be the best way to do it."

-Sab

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

Are you telling that WBTS should launch a Telenovela kind of dramatized daily TV program, the life and conscious of JW?

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

Jesus' ministry only lasted three years, and it killed him. They want us to maintain URGENT ministry for a lifetime. It's simply not possible for most people. But of course, it's characteristic of destructive cults to set impossibly high standards, both to keep members busy (thus not thinking) and to ensure constant pressure from guilt.

• ziddina
    ziddina

"They are causing mental problems by pushing and pushing the ones in to do more and more and more. ..."

Ooooo - kay, Justitia...

Let's try this instead...

The unnecessary pressures upon average Jehovah's Witnesses exacerbates existing mental health issues in those subject to such problems, and generates high levels of stress in others, that can cause emotional distress.

Long-term mental and/or emotional distress can create a chronic state that will lead to further emotional dysfunctionality and mental instability...

S' - OK now, Justitia???

Zid

• blondie
    blondie

I think it is more than jws are slowing down and that the WTS would like them just to do what they used to. I remember the urgency between 1966 and 1975; now even with a fire in their pants, jws would do the pioneer stroll.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Is it just me or is the wording of that WT article subtly blaming the rank and file for the end not coming because they just aren't preaching enough!?!?

If you want to live forever in paradise then get your ass in gear and get out in service, dammit!

• crazy2try
    crazy2try

What I see. It is all about control. I know when my parents joined they truly felt the end was near and they moved to where the need was great. There was a huge growth in the early 70's-per my parents. I think the org is trying to recreate that movement again.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey EXYZ I'm with you on that, the stanch JW's I know can't wait for the big "A"

so why not go on TV so the end can come quicker ? why take the slow route at a snails pace.

are you sure we didn't attend the same cong, cause on thanksgiving night (thurs) the hall was

kinda empty and during Christmas week a lot of people would be missin' on meeting nights. Let alone

the fact we had a lot of vacationing Elders.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Christmas day was always the day to go skiing at the KH I grew up in.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Christmas day was always the day to go skiing at the KH I grew up in.

Same here, but it was sledding... we were cheap.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit