I'm not that important to Jehovah? Well, damn. Now I see the WBTS stance.

by easyreader1970 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Scully
    Scully

If I'm not important to god, then why the hell should I offer worship to him?

Worship implies a need in god to be worshipped. Worship belies a basic insecurity in god's personality, or even worse, a selfish motive in creating creations for the sole purpose of offering him worship. If all creations (other than humankind) glorify god by their mere existence, why is more - i.e., worship - expected of humankind?

It's like a woman who keeps having children for the sole purpose of having offspring to adore her. She has them, not to contribute to their well-being, but for them to fulfill a desire to have a purpose in herlife, rather than seek fulfillment in other ways that don't require "adoration" from her offspring.

• Ding
    Ding

The elder's attitude doesn't surprise me.

Everything in Watchtowerland is organizational.

You are just one of a "great crowd" of "other sheep" who benefit indirectly by being associated with the anointed class.

And even the anointed don't get any personal insight from Jehovah, just the GB.

And according to Ray Franz, even the GB doesn't pray to Jehovah about decisions.

They just follow previously established organizational policy until 2/3 of them can agree to change it.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Jehovah's Witnesses have taken the Old Testament god and converted him into a neo-christian entity, plain and simple.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    If I'm not important to god, then why the hell should I offer worship to him?

Because it's your designation.

-Sab

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    And there is a difference between wanting praise and wanting saccharine adoration, since saccharine is often used to describe sickeningly sweet.

Demanding constant streams of praise and "every knee on earth" to bend in worship of one's self.... sounds very much like a being who wants sickeningly sweet adoration to me. If god got his wish and a mass conversion occurred tomorrow and every human offered three prayers/day, that's over 20,000,000 prayers daily.

If I eat too much candy, I get sick.

...there is a difference between 'not being okay with people who don't praise him' and 'becoming petulant if he doesn't receive such flattery.'

And yet neither of those statements adequately describe the gravity of an omniGod killing a puny imperfect being who fails to worship like he commands.

So I can do my best to be a good person and show love and care for my neighbor, volunteer to help needy kids, invest my life in finding a cure for cancer, build a shelter for the homeless, etc.etc... but if I don't believe in the god of the bible and worship him accordingly, I get the death sentence? (Or everlasting torment, depending on the doctrine in which you subscribe.)

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Worship implies a need in god to be worshipped.

And something that is "perfect", by definition, needs or lacks nothing to be whole or complete.... another reason Yahweh is self-refuting.

Hey, Scully, what is that written in your avatar?

• wasblind
    wasblind

I would have asked that Brother after the meetin' why go d2d and preach about a God that don't give a damn about me.

Why does the Bible state in John 17:3 "this means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only one true God, and of the one whom you sent forth Jesus Christ."

why would God want to give a chance at everlasting life if he didn't give a damn.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I once sat in George Couch's office at Brooklyn Bethel (124 Columbia Heights) and had him admit to me that each Bethelite is simply "a number" on a sheet of paper.

• blondie
    blondie

What they are really saying is that the rank and file are not that important to the elders, cos, dos, GB.

• Scully
    Scully

SweetBabyCheezits:

it's from the Positive Atheism website

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit