Yoga

by letsslatejws 15 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

you can hardly consider this vacating your mind, so as to let Satan in!

What you are referring to is meditation, not yoga. You are correct that Yoga is discouraged, but it is because it stems from Hinduism so is considered pagan.

Watchtower 2002 Aug 1 pp.20-22 Yoga?Just an Exercise or Something More?
    "Whatever health instructors may say to the contrary, yoga does not stop with physical exercises . ... For those exercising simply for the sake of their health, there are many avenues available that do not involve exposure to the dangers of spiritism and occultism. By keeping clear of practices and beliefs that are rooted in false religion, we may look forward to God?s blessing of a righteous new system of things in which we can enjoy perfect health in body and mind for an eternity."

I have started doing yoga for my back, as I sit in front of a computer all day, and love it. There is no spiritualism at the classes I go to. The Watchtower likes to demonise everything so the JWs can judge everyone else as bad.

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

I'm in a prenatal yoga class right now and love it. It is a great workout and so relaxing. I leave feeling so peaceful and refreshed, no wonder why witnesses are encouraged not to do it!

I also tried a beginners yoga class, and there was nothing about emptying my mind or inviting demons in. Just how to relax and stretch your body.

• Joliette
    Joliette

I loooooove yoga! I dont do the super extreme stuff but I do like basic yoga. And Pilates also. I know JW's who do pilates and pilates actually borrows a lot of ideas from yoga. So is pilates bad also? lol

• streets76
    streets76

"Vacating the mind," -- you mean like back when I attended meetings at the KH five hours per week?

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

JW's, like Christians is general, have spirituality confused with spiritism, but to a more extreme degree. "Yoga" is from Sanskrit and means "communion with God", from the same root word from which we get the English word "yoke". Jesus was secretly teaching his inititated disciples how to do this when he said "my yoke is kindly, and my load is light".

It's interesting that in THEIR world, Satan communicates freely with his followers, on an individual basis, and is able to organize movements or efforts to "persecute true Christians". Jehovah, however, needs an organization of men to communicate with His followers, so not only is all the information second-hand, but it almost always proves false. One would think that a loving God would do something about such an unfair advantage.

Indeed, the very Bible they worship (second to the Borg itself, of course) indicates very clearly that in the "latter days", there would be a large number of people with "insight", all clearly on the same page and all getting it from "God". The only place I see this happening is in "New Age" Christianity and on progressive forums like this one. They recognize the common truth in all religions and promote peace and unity for everyone in the world. Jesus was the Greatest Master who ever lived and saved the world from certain destruction, although not in the way they imagine, through some kind of sadistic blood atonement that makes a MORTAL MAN the savior of the human race, but to bring in the Christ Consciousness, which is infinitely more powerful than the Black Magic of Ezra and his animal sacrifices, which he stole from the Babylonians.

This is all quite a joke to the millions of planets up there that support human life and are well aware of our ignorance. We idiots on our little speck of the universe think we are all there is, and the only Son of God came HERE because the Earth IS the Universe.

No one should be judged for their beliefs, and everyone should be treated as a human being created in the image of God. Everyone is on the path to enlightenment and it doesn't matter which path one chooses. Some take the negative path and others opt for the positive. They are in their own way contributing to the evolution of man. There can be no progress without an adversary.

All of this is diametrically opposite of Orthodox Christianity with its 38,000+ sects that, according to Barron's Encyclopedia, all "hate each other".

~PS

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I just bought another yoga mat (I have one in storage in Indiana) for my hubby and I. Hubby wants to do something that will help ease his fibromyalgia and and stress and I want to do something that will help me get back in shape. We think yoga could help with all that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit