WT addresses the "rapture" teaching.

by wifibandit 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    Heard the whole rapture thing right from Sanderson's mouth when we went to the July 2013 Wt study at his hall a couple years back: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/261039/went-july-15-wt-study-governing-body-members-hall
  • stillin
    stillin

Witnesses claim not to believe in the "rapture," saying that the word is not found in the Bible.

I can't think of any things that the Witnesses believe which aren't in the Bible.

pioneer

governing body

organization

emblems

But that doesn't mean that there is no support at all from the scriptures. It just means that you can pick and choose which verses you want to makes something out of!

• hoser
    hoser
    Another fear mongering article to motivate the sheeples to do more.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Mork calling Orsen...come in Orsen.

There are seven old dudes down here on earth hoping to hitch a ride into outer space, what should I tell them?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

When I'm in tinfoil-hat mode, I can't help but wonder if the GB is priming the R&F for this in case they have to bugger off to new (fake) identities in South America somewhere, leaving the Org leaderless...

• wifibandit
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Everything that didn't really happen, happened "invisibly" so says the wtbts. Gotta love it!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

So.....Jesus was resurrected and then visibly taken up to heaven, but the rapture won't happen that way, even though the bible says believers will be caught away to be united with Jesus in the air???? Ok....

You got it DD!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Compare with what the Reasoning book says!

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101989259

Which is it? Both were found on their site today! Which is the Satanic Lie? Which is the TRUTH?

• confuzzlediam
    confuzzlediam

OH yeah!! I was at the meeting 2 years ago when they went over it from the WT study mag. At the time, I was going back to meetings just to get reinstated. My husband (now x) was not there with me, so called him IMMEDIATELY after meeting to tell him what I had just heard. I read to him from the study article and told him this is the rapture!! I left that meeting with such a headache...that was when it became crystal clear that I no longer wanted any part of the religion.

To say that they do not believe in a "rapture" but sit there and say that whom ever is left on earth out of the 144,000 at armageddon would be taken into the heavens is so deceiving to me! Either call it what it is, or don't teach it at all.

This was mentioned in the memorial talk last week. I just rolled my eyes as I was listening to it. However, it once again confirmed why I won't ever go back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit