A Possible Reason Why Some Want To Be Jehovah's Witnesses

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• caliber
    caliber

A sort of summary of points ....in four sub-divisions

Rewards .... health, wealth (paradise overabundance ) power (big fish in a small pond ), have all the answers to life , automatic friends

guilt .. must help others see the truth.. can't disappoint family

fear ... 99% of the people are doomed for destruction soon

self-esteem issues..lazy , go with the flow easier, unskilled, gullible, micro-managed life, built in values, little input required

a routined , patterned life that gives hope and comfort... group pride neutralizes personal pride

A Possible Reason Why Some Want To Be Jehovah's Witnesses

Want might not be the right word here in all cases

• letsslatejws
    letsslatejws
    I think some want to be Witnesses even if they know some of the teachings and views are questionable because THEY feel special! If they get a "privilege" or are allowed to Pioneer or allowed to preach from house to house and be "ministers", they feel like they are somebody. What do you think??

I totally agree. When I joined I used to love seeing people shock when I told them I was JW. They would look at me and never believe I was JW. I used there shock and harnessed there interest and would promptly preach them to death (I'm Gagging) . I felt so special, highly intelligent and better than everyone else in the world, because I felt like I knew it all. All those in the world were sooo stupid because they just couldnt see anything, they were so blinded by Satan and brainlessly stupid.... Because I was soo far up myself unfortunately I didnt think there was anything questionable about the JW's. They were the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth....

WHAT A TOTAL KNOB HEAD I WAS .........................AARRRRRGHHHHHHH

Holding my head in TOTAL shame.....

How in the hell did I ever see the Real light and find out the Real Truth ??? I really dont know how, but I did.... !!!!

• caliber
    caliber
    How in the hell did I ever see the Real light and find out the Real Truth ??? I really dont know how, but I did.... !!!!

Because though it is much safer in a bubble, a mere pin ( some personal injustice ) can burst the bubble ..

you merely need reality to meet up with illusion !!

• minimus
    minimus

A lot of "worldly" people were shocked when I told them I was a JW because I didn't always act exemplary.

• OBVES
  • OBVES
    OBVES

Those who are true Jehovah's Witnesses and teach the Bible can be called true endtime prophets.

The only other exception to that are some single indpenedent christians who are not associated with any earthly church organization.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Those who are true Jehovah's Witnesses and teach the Bible can be called true endtime prophets."

LOL @ OBVES

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

The reason I became a jw was their teaching about the Trinity, hellfire, war, and idolatry. Of course that was back in the early 70s.

• minimus
    minimus

OBVES

• The Finger
    The Finger

I think the reasons are varied. My father wanted to prove them wrong when he failed, I think the strictness of the organization appealed to him. He became very zealous and raised us as good witnesses.

I have found in talking to elders and others over the last 15 years that although I felt I had little knowledge most have less. I have also recently spoken with two sisters who both stated it was the brotherhood, the friendships that kept them.

One old brother in his 90's is sure armageddon is imminent and continually tells my relative how she needs to return to the congregation.

Some I am sure feel important by their preaching and or positions in the congregation. I felt happy I had the "truth" but never felt important rather stupid in fact. I always thought I knew nothing which is probably true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit