A Possible Reason Why Some Want To Be Jehovah's Witnesses

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I think some want to be Witnesses even if they know some of the teachings and views are questionable because THEY feel special!

If they get a "privilege" or are allowed to Pioneer or allowed to preach from house to house and be "ministers", they feel like they are somebody.

What do you think??

• Scully
    Scully

besides being gullible fools?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

IMHO, feeling special is at the heart of most religion.

"God loves ME."

• xcellxior
    xcellxior

Pedo paradise. All those young boys and girls who are so innocent. A system that protects and tries to conseal when they are found out.

Wonderful organization for twisted b*sards.

• yknot
    yknot

I agree that feeling 'special' or having 'privileges' and the way people perceive you is a strong lure to keep up appearances...

Why rock the boat if you don't have too and still do what you want when you want......

Fear of starting over socially or supressing your fears of accepting you are a 'nobody' (well that is a self-esteem issue really) outside of your present social/support structure can be a temporary reason to stay...

• minimus
    minimus

People need recognition and religion often makes people feel better. I'm not sure why, though.

Because of religious "values", extremists multiply. Even if they die for God or Allah, they feel special.

• james_woods
    james_woods

The witnesses seem to attract a lot of social outcasts, people who don't seem to fit in well in other groups.

So, yes - they feel special (at least at first) when they get attention from the witnesses.

• minimus
    minimus

then they're dropped like a hot potato (when you can't count time anymore).

• carla
    carla

I agree they like to feel 'special' but I also think it is because in some ways it is much easier not to have to think, all the answers are given to you. No need to truly search things out or even dig deep internally. In my limited experience with them I would say they are black and white thinkers with no room for shades of grey. They also don't like not having an answer for something. My jw cannot stand that there may be no answer at all! Some things we may not know until we kick the bucket. They don't seem to enjoy just pondering things either or maybe that borders on philosophy and that is a no-no within the org. If something doesn't have a absolute answer it must be the trying to trick us in some way. When you ask how could that be when it (pick subject with unkown answers) has no negative effects on the person and does not change their view of God in any way? they get very uncomfortable and will just go back to satan trying to 'get us' in some way.

Who was it who said 'thinking is hard that is why so few people do it'?

Life is much simpler when someone tells you what to think and micro manages your life. It becomes so ingrained you don't even realize you have given up your freedom to think and live and if you so choose, to keep God in mind, heart and soul.

• minimus
    minimus

If you have all the answers, you MUST be smarter than everyone else!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit