ladonna

ROTFL,

You guys are cracking me up!!!

Falling in the toilet?????

Ana..laughing all the way

• Englishman
    Englishman

C,mon, you lot, have some REAL fun!

Up or down, just make sure that the bowl has cling-film stretched over it, nice and tight so that you can't see it. Peeing into that toilet will always cause a reaction.

Englishman.

..From the scepter'd Isle kept free by 2 fins and 4 Merlins.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I could care less if it's up or down....just don't piss on it!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........

April
    I was angry with my friend; I told my wrath, my wrath did end. I was angry with my foe; I told it not, my wrath did grow. (William Blake, A Poison Tree)
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/171905

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

DOWN DOWN DOWN. All of it down. I put the lid down so a guy can at least put the seat down. I don't like waking in and seeing toilet water.

Ven

"Injustice will continue until those who are not affected by it are as outraged as those who are."

• ladonna
    ladonna

MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

I think Mr Brinsmead and I will be having words tonight

Ana...not impressed with him now!!!!!!

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

For years me and my sister shared the same bathroom. She would always get mad at me for leaving the toilet seat up. So I guess that I always leave it up.

"I have so much love to give, but no one to give it to."

William H. Macy - "Magnolia"

• LB
    LB

Oh the issues some women have. Toliet seats, garbage cans, dirty clothes. Up, down, outside, picked up.

Got it

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• Prisca
    Prisca

Doesn't bother me how the guy leaves the seat, there are more important things in life to worry about.

• Wounded Heart
    Wounded Heart

everything definitely down. because ewww! on animals drinking out of it! plus it looks best overall.

seriously tho, both seat and lid should be put down because it is a saftey hazard for small children/toddlers (as well as some small pets.) just like buckets with just a few inches of water can kill babies/small children. children do not have the balance nor the ability to pull themselves out the toilet/bucket if they should fall in. so please make sure to keep both seat and lid down regardless.

and if its just you and your SO, well then, go out and buy one of those lights that stays on if the seat is up...the only way to shut it is if they put the seat down. then theres no more fanny washes for the ladies.

oh, and, a relative of mine once was going to the bathroom in mid of night. could hear strange squeeking noise. a rat had climbed thru the pipes up and into the toilet bowl. good thing seat and lid were down. she decided to hold it for the rest of the night. i would have too.

food for thought.

Kat
    Wounded Heart

Love by giving to & accepting others unconditionally = true, pure love

"When in doubt, do the loving thing." ~ 8yr old "Pirate"

• Prisca
    Prisca

The History of the Toilet

Sitting type toilets in human history appeared quite early. In the remains of Harappa civilisation in India, at a place called Lothal (62 Kilometers from the city of Ahmedabad in Western India) and in the year 2500 BC, the people had water borne toilets in each house and which was linked with drains covered with burnt clay bricks. To facilitate operations and maintenance, it had man-hole covers, chambers etc.

The archaeological excavations confirm existence of sitting type toilets in Egypt (2100 BC) also. Though we have been able to mechanise the working of these toilets, the form and basic format of the toilet system remains the same. In Rome, public bath-come-toilets were also well developed. There were holes in the floor and beneath was a flowing water. When the Romans travelled they constructed the toilets for their use. The stools were key-hole type so that these could be used for defecation as well as urination. Excavations in Sri Lanka and Thailand too have brought out a contraption in which urine was separated and allowed to flow while the other portion was used at the same time for defecation.

Historical evidence exists that Greeks relieved themselves out of the houses. There was no shyness in use of toilet. It was frequent to see at dinner parties in Rome slaves bringing in urine pots made of silver; while members of the royalty used it but continued the play at the same time.

In the absence of proper toilet facilities, people perforce had to defecate and urinate wherever they could. Defecating on the road, open spaces, or just easing themselves in the river was very common.

The rich used wool or hemp for ablution while the poor used grass, stone or sand or water depending upon the country and weather conditions or social customs. Use of newspaper was also common. In Russia to the utter dislike of all, the subordinates even stamped the toilet paper with imperial arms for use of the Czar. But it was termed as sacrilege. The final solution to the problem of ablution was found when in 1857, Joseph Cayetty invented the toilet paper in USA. This invention has enabled human beings to have a tissue paper, which is convenient to use, is absorbent, as well as compact and within reach while defecating.

In 1519 the provincial government of Normandy in France made provision of toilets compulsory in each house. The French government also passed a parliamentary decree to make cesspools in each house compulsory. In Bordeaux in France, the government made construction of cesspools compulsory. In England the first sanitation law was passed in 1848.

Eighteenth century was a century of toilets. Despite invention of water closet by John Harrington in 1596 which was costing only 6 shillings and 8 pence this was not adopted on a large scale for almost 182 years. During this period people used earth closet. In these toilets (11) instead of water earth was used. So the problem of cleaning remained. The world also saw development of Pan closets - which like cigarette ash tray threw the material at the bottom. This too required manual cleaning. At the same time chamber pots, close stools, open defecation remained. In comparison to this, Harrington's toilet under the name Angrez was being used in France, though not introduced on a large scale in England. In 1738 JF Brondel introduced the valve type flush toilet. Alexander Cummings further improved the technology and gave use a better device in 1775. In Cumming's design water was perennially there in the toilet so it suppressed odours. Still the working of the valve and fool-proof inlet of water needed further improvements. In 1777; Joseph Preiser provided the required improvement. Then Joseph Bramah in 1778, substituted the slide valve with crank valve. In 1870, SS Helior invented the flush type toilet, called optims - an improvement over Blummer's design.

From 1880 onwards, however, the emphasis has been more on aesthetics to make cisterns and bowls decorative. The bowls were so colourful that some suggested to use these as soup bowls. It was in 1880 that the toilet curtains made their appearance. The trend was called the age of "Belleepoque" in France and Edwardian (opulence) in England. During 1890 we had the first cantilever type of toilet. Since then the world has not witnessed any significant technical change except some change in shape of toilets and reduction in quantity of water per use.

Information found at: http://www.sulabhtoiletmuseum.org/pg02.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit