Toilet Seat Up Or Down??????

by ladonna 28 Replies latest social relationships

• ladonna
    ladonna

We have no problems in our relationship about the toilet seat. But others seem to make a big deal as to whether the guy should leave it down for us ladies.

What's your take on this? Up? Or Down???

Take into account ladies that if a man puts it down, and we leave it down, he has to always be putting it up.(That looks a little rude, typed in there)
    What goes on in your household???

Ana

Manners require time, and nothing is more vulgar than haste.
    —Ralph Waldo Emerson

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

well, since i live by myself now, this is a non-issue but when i lived with my boyfriend, the seat was always down. i could tell when his friends had been over, toilet seat in the up position. (actually, i think my b/f just had good aim, he actually never put the seat up to begin with!)

• LB
    LB

I hope I don't come off like Uncle Jimbo here, but....

I can't imagine getting upset with a man for falling in the toliet. He's in bed asleep, and you fell in the toliet, so it's his fault, right? Well I've been told it's my fault.

I can't get an excuse from my doctor about this either.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• mike047
    mike047

I always return it to the position I found it. My cats don't seem to care which way it is.

• sunstarr
    sunstarr

Personally, always down (including lid), whether with a woman or not. I don't particularly enjoy looking at toilet water. Kinda nasty.

• David Gladden
    David Gladden

Emily Post, the queen of etiquette, says that the seat and the lid should both be placed down after use.

That means that both men and women are responsible for putting something back.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Well imagine this...
    No ,something more moderate...
    Okay.
    Seat is supposed to be up. Joshua goes for wee wee at 3am, half asleep. Wifey goes for wee wee at 4 am, wifey never switches on the light, wifey sits....
    definitely, seat up. (get a kid to remember that)

• Christina77
    Christina77

He should be a gentleman and put the seat down... I have been working on my boyfriend with this one... if he knows that I am coming over he puts it down, but if I am not there he leaves it up... if I find it up, he will know about it since I let it fall down and he definitely hears it slam down and appologises... he says that I shouldn't have to worry about this if I didn't wait till the last minute to use the bathroom!!! but I still ask him to put the seat down...

• David Gladden
    David Gladden
    Wifey goes for wee wee at 4 am, wifey never switches on the light, wifey sits....

I have heard this many times before... but I have NEVER understood why someone would sit without first looking. I have never heard of a man falling in the toilet.

Sounds like negligence on the part of the female.

• Celia
    Celia

Seat and lid must be down at all times when not in use...
    I hate to find my dog drinking out of the toilet !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit