Ghosts and Spirits

by Cold Steel 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• loosie
    loosie

I believe that we don't know everything there is to know out there. I don't believe we die and that's it... I think there is something more.

A fundamental truth of Physics is that energy cannot be destroyed... you can only change its form.

Once I was in Hobby Lobby in the evening. there was no one within 20 feet of me. I heard a voice say "Hey" ... so I whispered back hello there... I didn't hear anything else. it was my brothers voice who passed 1 year earlier. I got home that night and checked my voicemail, my father called me to tell me that my uncle passed away. This uncle was my brother's favorite uncle.

Now i work in mental health. I know when someone is bat shit crazy. people who are mentally ill hear paranoid delusional voices... not voices that speak one or two coherent sentences. So I know I am not and was not mentally ill.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

loosie, did you by any chance watch the first video in my 732 post on anecdotal evidence?

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I dont believe in Ghost but I believe in the Chupacabras because I saw it on the news. I also believe on the smurfs being possesed by demons. and a possesed coffe table that belonged to a medium spiritist.

I ve heard that many strange things happen in this world. I dont understand them and I dont claim to want to understand them so it must be the chupacabras. I mean what else?

Although I always wondered why would the demons like the smurfs in particular? Do you think is because they are blue so it reminds them of the sky? What about pokemon? Anyway I dont care That is Gods business, who am I? a merely carnal human!

I mean I am not close minded. I like to do research. I should go watch Ghost Hunters and see what the experts have to say. But of course I wont believe everything they say. I am skeptical. But I cant be too skeptical. I mean there are some things that I have to believe, common I am not that close minded.

ok Gotta go read my WT magazine. it just arrived. IT has an interesting article of Adam and Eve, they for sure talked to spirits.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

CJ, I see you're giving up logic and going the route of frustrated sarcasm. I feel ya, bro.

Loosie, why must the sound you heard be immediately perceived as the voice of a dead relative?

True story: I once farted and my wife - in the next room - thought I said, "dear". I don't know what that says about my voice but if flatulence can be mistaken for speech, it shows that human perception relies heavily on interpretation and is, therefore, easily deceived.

I'm not saying I know what happened but can we consider probability? Which is more likely:

• That your dead brother's spirit said "Hey" as he greeted your uncle's newly released spirit (or for whatever reason a spirit says "hey")

OR

• That you were in a public store and a noise could've come from any number of unknown sources and was interpreted by your brain as speech from a male, then further interpreted as being your brother's voice, with your uncle's death just being a coincidence.

Stranger things have happened than the latter, with normal or coincidental explanations.

• loosie
    loosie
    Loosie, why must the sound you heard be immediately perceived as the voice of a dead relative?

I didn't immediately think it was my brother. it was a few days later that I put it all together. After I heard the voice I looked all around me no one was around... I thought how odd. I noted the time on my watch... and tried to converse with the voice... but nothing more was said.

20 mins after I heard the voice my dad left a voicemail about my uncle dying. a few days later It seemed to me that my brother was coming by to get my uncle.

Another time I was out with my daughter one summer night we were driving to get some ice cream from teh baskin robbins we had in town. I was in the left hand turn lane the light turned green, I remained stopped. I thought to myself why aren't I going the light is green, no one was in the intersection, yet I couldn't remove my foot from the brake. Then to my left a car ran the red light and passed right in front of me. he would have smashed the side of my car. There were no other cars around this was 10:30 at night, and I didn't have my cell phone with me. After the idiot sped away I pulled over to the gas station to calm down.

Now I can't say what happened, why I didn't take the green light. The only member of my family that had passed at that time was my son 9 years earlier.. My friend says god was watching out for me. I don't buy that. Because why was I or my daughter so special for this (so called) great spirit in the sky to watch out for us... when I am sure worse crimes were happening somewhere in the world that he could have been preventing.

So I do look for a rational explanation first... but when there is none what do you do?

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    So I do look for a rational explanation first... but when there is none what do you do?

That's a legit question. For me, personally, if there's no rational explanation, it would be better to chalk it up to "unexplained" than fall back on an irrational explanation.

(Please don't take offense at that. I've heard numerous compelling, inexplicable stories from normal, intelligent, educated individuals.)

Even as a skeptic, I personally experienced something similar to your story and, for a time, I halfway entertained the thought that a higher power (or fate) caused a series of events that prevented my family and me from being in the presumably fatal path of a drunk driver. It certainly was a mysterious coincidence. But I have no proof of any other explanation so I offer none aside from coincidence.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

tim: whats happening with your logic? if you can fart intelligible words then it means your sphincter is possesed. what else could it be? let me ask you, what brand of toilet paper do you buy? procter & ganble? m not giving up logic, am just using it with people who appreciate it :-) the chupacabras sounds more marketable. i think i read dead people

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Well I can't say I tried, I would just like to point out that if you read any old literature demons were called spirites, and even more earlier spirites were called Gods. Calling any of these really should mean the same thing, but what happens with time (the same with words) they become a separate or different meaning, spirits now are referred to the living dead or angels and nobody calls a demon a spirit or a God but evoking either gods demons or spirits are all forms of witchcraft and they all act the same way.

I was not going to post but what the hey, my expiriences are really why off what people expect, most of the times I dont even say anything, its either a I believe blablah also happened to me or its the your nuts look, before I went to sleep I was tormented because I saw every murder that occurred live and sometimes I would see it in the news the following day, could any atheist explain this too me logically? I had nothing wrong with me and I was too young to take drugs.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Maybe it was Tim's Colon Demon, he whispers you know.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

LM[dp]AO @ CJ

*demon-possessed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit