Ghosts and Spirits

by Cold Steel 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

I've been watching the BIO Channel lately and hearing people relate their stories of ghosts and the supernatural.

Although I think some people do experience demonic presences, I think some people (for whatever reason) find it difficult to move on. JWs believe everything is caused by "demons," but there are many near death experiences where people clearly seem to see family members who have helped them and who have manifested themselves with feelings of peace and serenity. Since I don't believe that Satan can duplicate these feelings of well being, I was wondering what you think of such manifestations, good or bad.

Also, have you ever had any experiences, again, good or bad, in your lives? Do you believe in hauntings? Possessions? And how do the Jehovah's Witnesses deal with them? (I have a friend who swears he administered to a woman who was clearly two feet above the bed and screaming her head off...er...figuratively, not literally. I have another friend, now dead, who lived in a house he swears was haunted. He said that he and other members of his family saw a man with glasses who sat in a study off the main hall. This apparition also was witnessed by several foreign exchange students who stayed with them. Two French students produced a ouija board and, after about an hour in the basement, my friend said he was knocked senseless. When he came to, the table was overturned and he was on the floor with about four people standing over him waiting to knock him back down. He had no memory of attacking them.)

How about you?

• mamalove
    mamalove

Ive heard lots of stories over the years. Never saw anything in person. I do believe in spirits, why? Because I have seen them on TV and that is good enough for me.

I love the ghost shows. I do get kinda scared to go into my basement after watching them though.

• 1Robinella
    1Robinella

"Also, have you ever had any experiences, again, good or bad, in your lives?"

Yes, I believe in spirits. In my opinion I believe we have good people and bad people living on the earth today and when they pass away they are either good spirits or bad spirits depending on how they lived their life. I can't imagine a rapist dying and being a good spirit, if he was to come back he'd probably be angry. Something to think about. I totally believe because a lot of things happened to me while growing up in my mothers home that was extremely obvious and not the wind blowing or sounds of a mouse. I've had so many things happen at her home, at my job (work in a hospital) that I can't even explain them all on here.

I also know that a lot of people do not fully understand if it hasn't happened to them. Some people feel it's imagination or your just plain nuts. But how can you explain something that happened and your not alone? For instance, once at work I was with a co-worker and we were in a closed part of the hospital all alone and heard a woman make a sound to us. While we were talking to each other, we paused, and this spirit said: "Yeah" like in agreement of what we were talking about. We both looked in the direction it came from, we walked over to see if anyone was playing a game on us and no one was around. We both heard it. We were together. That can't be explained. But it happened to us.

"JWs believe everything is caused by "demons,"

That was always my mothers explanation for everything that happened. So I grew up in fear because of her religious beliefs. So I learned early in life that she is not someone that I could talk to about this type of thing. So I kept it all inside. One day many, many years later I was at my sisters house (she's a lot older than me and while I was growing up I was the only kid in the house). This subject came up and she told me her experiences in the home and after she left. My god, I almost fell off the chair because now I was finally not alone.

I love watching Psychic Kids-Children of the paranormal (I can relate to a lot of these kids); Paranormal State; Ghost Hunters etc.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yes, I'm a believer and have experienced psychic things.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Where there's smoke there's fire, I say. Countless ghost stories all over the media in modern times can't all be wrong...

V665V665

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Sorry, I don't buy into any boogieman stories anymore. I would have to see it to believe it.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread
    I would have to see it to believe it.

If that should ever happen, no one would believe you.

Trust me.

JDW

• 1Robinella
    1Robinella

"If that should ever happen, no one would believe you."

"Trust me."

So true Judge Dread your words taken out of my mouth.

• Hadit
    Hadit

Not sure -- but there seems to be some "energy" out there.

Any of you have any weird experiences with electrical stuff going wonky around you?

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    I do believe in spirits, why? Because I have seen them on TV and that is good enough for me.

ML, I'm guessing this is either awesome sarcasm or....

If not sarcasm, that's a pretty... uh, thin... criteria of testing. Could it be said you also believe in talking animals, killer robots, Smurfs, martians, zombies, the PowerBalance bracelet, politicians' promises, etc? All of those can be seen on TV, right?

Betting on sarcasm, though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit