Ghosts and Spirits

by Cold Steel 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

With that rationale I'm probably just a figure of your imagination.

Ps I didn't offer food but the exorcist did, didn't work really but it works with the illuminati (not all are satanists), it works when you summon and dont wish to be possesed

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I believe it all comes from inside us. There are sublayers of consciousness and power that do things our surface consciousness isn't aware of doing and isn't even aware we're capable of. I do NOT think this is "just imagination" but something more, something different and deeper.

This is just a theory, a belief. I don't think everyone who experiences these things is insane or unstable. And there has been no evidence whatsoever to show that there is some external source of invisible and conscious life on earth. Therefore, if "ghostly" events really happen, and they do not happen due to some invisible life force outside the body, then the source of the events must be from within. Simple deduction based on what we know so far.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

By the way, I had "an experience" when I was around 13 years old. It took me nearly 20 years but I finally found out the scientific explanation for it. But if I had decided that I already knew the truth of it, I would have stopped searching for an explanation and I would have continued to believe a falsehood to this day.

Sounds pretty parallel to the JW experience, doesn't it? Once you believe you have the truth, you stop searching. I'm glad I kept trying to figure out what really caused me to feel what I felt and see what I saw. (it was inhaled mold spores, in case you're wondering)

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    With that rationale I'm probably just a figure of your imagination.

C'mon, Joey, I'm just trying to reason with you. If I'm being too skeptical does that mean you believe the J.Smith/Moroni/golden plates/11 witnesses/Book of Mormon story is true? All I'm doing is trying to be consistent in scrutinizing outrageous claims. In post 134, you balk at some paranormal claims and accept others. What consistent criteria do you apply before you accept a supernatural explanation for an unexplained event?

I didn't offer food but the exorcist did, didn't work really but it works with the illuminati

So when you were a kid you were at a bookstudy and after it ended, everyone walked outside and witnessed a possessed broom thrashing the chickens, and then someone performed an exorcism in which they offered it food? I'm just curious how old you were at the time.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    I do NOT think this is "just imagination" but something more, something different and deeper.

I agree, MS. The ideomotor effect and sleep paralysis are just two internal functions that have caused otherwise normal, intelligent, sober people to think some spirit creature was in their presence.

Good posts, BTW. I think so much misinformation/counterknowledge comes from soaking up faulty presuppositions early in life and then trying to build on top of that.

• "The Bible contains instructions from the creator of all things."
    • "Mom and Dad are JWs and my parents are the authority, therefore the WT has the right understanding of the Bible!"
    • "Demons like to harass people. It says so in the Bible. Therefore when something inexplicable happens, it must be the work of demons."

Seems to me, removing that first presupposition and looking at the bible without bias is a real time-saver.

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

SBC:

I never read the book of mormon, are you inplying that I believe everything I read? I have read other books which are satanic but prior to that I was just an inocent kid that became demonised, I could go on but whats the point. From what you wrote your "to be consistent in scrutinizing outrageous claims" how are you exactly scrutinizing something that can not bee seen or explained scientifically? I hope that answers your question.

You wrote: So when you were a kid you were at a bookstudy and after it ended, everyone walked outside and witnessed a possessed broom thrashing the chickens, and then someone performed an exorcism in which they offered it food? I'm just curious how old you were at the time.

Now your just putting words in my mouth, the chicken bashing scene had nothing to do with the demon food/sacrifice.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I believe in something... I have always had this 6th sence that I thought was a weakness when I was a JW. I could tell a demon was in a house... or so I thought. Now not sure I understand what it is but I still feel things. and have seen things gosts, demons? I don't know raised near woodstock ny had hippy parents... not sure

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Ghosts are residual conscious energy that's stuck in "limbo".

The Hindus call the spiritual life-force energy "prana". The Chinese call it the "chi". This is the "spirit" at Eccl. 12:7 that goes "back to the God who gave it" when the "silver cord" is loosed (verse 6) and the body dies. This is the energy that acupuncturists work with to keep it flowing freely throughout the body.

The chi energy has to go somewhere when the body dies. If a person experiences a sudden, traumatic loss of a loved one, then after they themselves die, their spirit may resist leaving the home, and so you get these Poltergeist hauntings. People hire shamans or "soul retreivers" to contact the spirit and let itknow that it can move on.

Contrary to popular JW folklore, none of this has anything to do with demons as outside entities, as they perceive them. The esoteric teaching of the Bible and all the major religions is that demons are internal just as God is, and those demons (egos) will "haunt" you (keep you alienated from God) until you dissolve them in the Lake of Fire.

~PS

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

why do some people feel them and others don't

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

It's great to be skeptical, but it's not great to be too skeptical. I could hear the EVPs of the "Princess" and I believe they weren't speaking to ghosts. It sounded as though they were speaking to someone in the same room in a different time. Whether that's possible or not is anyone's guess, but I've had two bad experiences in my life and have talked to people I know and respect who have had both good and bad experiences. Shermer should go to some of these places like the Stanley Hotel and then report, rather than judging someone else's experiences.

A quote from one of my favorite novels, The Haunting:

Eleanor: I'm still so terrified from last night.

Dr. Markway: You shouldn't be. It's silly to be frightened....

Eleanor:Silly? You haven't been through it! This horrible unknown thing!
    Dr. Markway:'Unknown.' That's the key word. 'Unknown.' When we become involved in a supernatural event, we're scared out of our wits just because it's unknown. The night cry of a child. A face on the wall. Knockings, bangings. What's there to be afraid of? You weren't threatened. It was harmless, like a joke that doesn't come out.

Eleanor: But the child....

Dr. Markway: There was no child, remember? Just a voice.

Eleanor: A voice.

Dr. Markway: Look, Eleanor, put it this way. When people believed the Earth was flat, the idea of a round world scared them silly. Then they found out how the round world works. It's the same with the world of the supernatural. Until we know how it works, we'll continue to carry around this unnecessary burden of fear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit