Ghosts and Spirits

by Cold Steel 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Hadit:

Any of you have any weird experiences with electrical stuff going wonky around you?

That is because our bodies are electrical. Ever touch the end of a radio antennae? Notice that the signal gets clearer and stronger? You are correct that there is 'energy' out there, more accurately, energy within you.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

sweet,

I have posted this challenge on another thread, or maybe several threads.

If one is skeptical of paranormal activity, they can find a local "ghost hunter" group, contact them and ask them if they can participate in a few of their "hunts".

It's really that simple.

JDW

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    That can't be explained. But it happened to us.

From an old thread....

Strange things can and do happen all the time. But if something unexplainable happens and you assign a supernatural (for example, demons) explanation to it, what you are in effect saying is....

something unexplainable happened = demons/ghosts/spirits (aka, I can explain it)

In reality, if something like that cannot be explained it just remains unexplained. Nothing more. Immediately attributing a book falling off a shelf to a spirit before gathering all the facts and eliminating all other plausible explanations reflects a closed, superstitious mind.

The ancient Babylonians wrote about the symptoms and causes of epilepsy 3000 years ago. They thought that seizures were caused by demons attacking a person.

Assigning a false presupposition to these symptoms clogged the pipes of progress and it was later necessary to clear away superstitious ideas before moving forward. If only they (and others) had labeled the symptoms as unexplained, the steps to remove prejudice later would've been unnecessary.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    If one is skeptical of paranormal activity, they can find a local "ghost hunter" group, contact them and ask them if they can participate in a few of their "hunts".
    It's really that simple.

If it's so simple, one would think their existence could be verified using the scientific method.

{edit} How about using a Ouija board? Could it be that simple? I don't have access to a "ghost hunter" group where I live but I can certainly get my mitts on a Ouija board.

• Hadit
    Hadit

Soldier77: I understand we are energetic beings but lately I've noticed that when I'm really concentrating on something - my phone will turn on or my CD player - by itself. I've noticed my phone go on before but I've narrowed it down to when I'm actively thinking or concentrating (not on the device but on what I'm thinking about). My CD player would not turn off even when I pressed the off button. I finally opened it up and stopped it with my hand. I put it down and then about an hour later I thought to myself how odd the CD player turned on - when I thought "CD player" it turned on again! I had to open it up take out the CD for it to stop. I've mentioned this to the acupuncturist I go to and she said "you have a sixth sense." I don't see dead people though!

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

You want stories, okay. Before I go on, I'm not saying I put this down to ghosts or spirits or whatever. Just happenings. I don't believe in ghosts. Anyway, my gran, who was very rational, sober and skeptical had a few things happen in her life. She could never explain it.

She worked in a very old neighbourhood in a UK town. The buildings she cleaned were all around 16th century in origin. Court houses, religious buildings, civic buildings etc. One time a plasterer was in the basement of this abbey doing some work on a scaffold. He saw a hooded figure come through the wall, cross the floor, and go throught the other wall. My gran had to calm him down as he was screaming, and vowed never to work there again, he just left. Another time, she and her friend were cleaning some offices, and they saw a light in the skirting board. They got on their hands and knees to look into the hole, and were looking into an old workshop, with a guy wearing old-fashioned clothes from the 17th century or something. She shouted 'Who the bloody hell are you, and what room are you in?' He looked up to her and turned away. Her friend saw the same thing. They checked the lower levels and a room like that didn't exist. (They checked everything). Once she cleaned some lawyer's office, and locked it. Then she carried on doing the hallway. There is only one way to the office, and nobody passed her. She remembered that she left something in there, went back for it, unlocked the door, and everything had been moved. Papers, pens, files opened etc. Unless spiderman got in or somebody did a 'mission impossible'... I dunno. She would always say 'How the hell?' and scratch her head over it, but never attributed it to spooks, she was very level-headed.

This sort of thing will never be able to be researched properly, I believe. I've heard too many rational people who I respect tell tales of stuff that's happened to them, for me to say that they never happened. The actual explanation will probably be a long way off for any of us.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I don't believe in Spirits or Ghosts.......

I worked in a Cemetery that had a Myth about a Bride who was left at the Alter and killed herself. She was buried there.

As all Ghost Stories go.... at Night many have seen a Figure walking by, or in the Cemetery wearing..... you got it a Wedding Gown.

I know a couple of the First Hand Sightings and these people aren't Flakes!

One day Darth is by himself mowing with a Walk behind Mower like the one you use at home. When someone Grabs me from behind on my shoulder. I stop turn around and No one is there......... I look around thinking one of the guys stopped by with coffee...... I'm alone at the Graveyard...... I start Mowing again.... Again Something Grabs my shoulder STRONG...... Again nobody!!!! It happened one more time.

3 times I felt someone Grab me. At the time I was a JW..... it bothered me alittle bit because I knew the Myth of that Cemetery! We used to hangout at Midnight playing Black Sabbath hoping to see something. And Every Halloween we used to drive thru just for the Thrill of it.

Since I worked there for more than 20 yrs.... many have asked if I heard of the Stories behind the Bride? Those I know well I share my story explaining I don't Believe in Ghosts!

So that is why I share my Story of the Bride to you...... I don't think it was her... but since it happened in a Graveyard... Cool Story!

• 1Robinella
    1Robinella

I am a strong believer in spirits.

I strongly believe that if you experience "a door closing" it could be that the walls/floors are not leveled, maybe a hinge is missing or the door doesn't latch tightly/correctly. Maybe the the window was left open across the room..the point is to check your home.

I strongly believe that if a "book fell off a bookshelf" was it not placed back correctly? Was the book stacked high on top of other books and when grandma came in the front door you did not hear her come in the house and your book fell off the bookshelf because of vibrations? It is possible.

What I am trying to say is that a lot of people believe that somethings like these are paranormal. It's our responsibility to investigate and find out why this happened. There can be many explainable reasons why "something" happened. We cannot assume it's a spirit/ghost etc. Just watch "Ghost Hunters."

For me, I have checked out why something happened. Yes, I was scared but I had to go check. If you've never experienced anything paranormal you will not understand until it happens to you. Since I work at a hospital for many years and have had a lot of things happen to me growing up and working in this environment. I've known people that started as a housekeeper and never believed in ghosts/spirits. I just laugh because it doesn't take long for them to bring it up again and they usually have a story to tell and all the housekeepers say: "I told you so."

Something to think about.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

They got on their hands and knees to look into the hole, and were looking into an old workshop, with a guy wearing old-fashioned clothes from the 17th century or something. She shouted 'Who the bloody hell are you, and what room are you in?' He looked up to her and turned away. Her friend saw the same thing.

Hmmm. I recall GHOST HUNTERS visted the Stanley Hotel in Colorado. They were in a hotel room which had once been occupied by a British princess years ago. When they attempted to contact her they heard what sounded to be a British woman say, "Hello. Are you there?? (See section beginning at 1:28. Another time, same hotel, they heard another "voice" that said "Hello!" in another part of the hotel.

Both times it seemed as though they might be communicating across a time threshhold. The princess seemed to be as startled as the ghost hunters were. What if she was sitting in that same room in the early 1920s and heard the voices of the ghost hunters? The hotel sits on a large crystal deposit, which is what cell phones use to communicate. What if they somehow were speaking across time instead of space? Just a thought.

I believe in spirits. But I also don't believe you can believe what every spirit tells you. Just as you can't believe everyone who calls you on the phone and wants your credit card number, you can't believe every spirit who says they're John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt. (That's my name, too.)

Some apparitions appear to be just playbacks of people walking and doing other things. It's as though you don't exist. Other times, things pinch you, touch you and push you. In my friend's house, his mother was taking the laundry upstairs when she slipped on the stairs. Someone reached out and steadied her and, thinking it was her husband, she turned to thank him and no one was there. The apparition in the study was a man in his sixties who wore glasses. Everyone called him "George" because a fellow named George Diegal committed suicide there years ago in the attic. The problem is, he was in his teens. Still, the name stuck.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

I watched the Ghost Hunter video and honestly there are faaaar too many variables and criteria we are not provided for the claims to stick. First of all it's easy to hear specific words in muffled tones when you're told what you should expect to hear. Second, how can they so quickly eliminate animal noises, thermal expansion, mechanical equipment, etc... and jump right to the blind assumption that its a spirit? Old buildings are certainly capable of making odd noises without help from another realm.

For example... check this out (be sure to watch all the way through - very interesting but the last few minutes provide the parallel here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T_jwq9ph8k

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit