Special Dub Words That Make You Go YUK!

by Englishman 83 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

For me, the word was "Loving".

Great "Loving" Kindness.

Great Undeserved "Loving" Kindness!

Disfellowshipping is a "Loving" provision.

When the WTBTS want their accolytes to swallow another bitter pill, another restriction, another rebuke, another demand on time, the buzz word is "Loving".

The "Loving" word, is, to the average JW, the same as the McCabe Nod is to the salesman. The McCabe Nod is used by salesman all the time to get the prospective customer to agree to something that he doesn't care for too much. This is how it works:

"This car is exactly want you want, isn't it?" asks the salesman, who is also nodding very firmly at you as he makes the statement. You automatically start to nod along with the salesman, it then becomes a natural response to say Yes as you nod. You have been triggered into responding positively to something that you feel a negative reaction towards. Even though you may still say No, you will then feel a sense of disequilibrium, a sense of conflict.

I guess that the word "Loving" does indeed blind many to what they really feel. Maybe there are other instances in which specific words actually masked over what we really didn't like.

Englishman.

..From the scepter'd Isle kept free by 2 fins and 4 Merlins.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Englishman,

I hope you are on your last bottle dude.

• David Gladden
    David Gladden

"The Wagon Queen Family Truckster. You think you hate it now, but wait till you drive it. " - National Lampoon's Vacation

• Englishman
    Englishman

Fred,

I really get up your nose don't I?

Maybe it's because you know that I'm right.

Englishman.

..From the scepter'd Isle kept free by 2 fins and 4 Merlins.

• ladonna
    ladonna

I know this is a phrase, Englishman, but I really don't like it....

"Bad association spoils useful habits"

Ana

• LB
    LB

My favorite thing to hate was..."raised in the truth" as though that made you more special.

But I used to count how many times during a watchtower study the word "appreciate" was used. One guy in particular used it a lot. I counted 12 uses of "appreciate" in one study alone from him.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• badwillie
    badwillie

Encourage, Encouragement, Encouraging, Encouraged.

- So overused. I hate these words now. They make me sick!

• openminded
    openminded

reaching out

widen out

think anyone in the real world would know what a literature counter is?

fine spiritual food/banquet

theocratic arrangment

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

With attention to Simon first, for he moderates the boards... and also to all others, because you can substantiate my claim.

I think we have been more than reasonable and fair in our toleration of FredHall. Evidence in previous posts prove that he does not create topics of his own for intellectual discussion, but only replies to other people with the sole intent of flaming or aggravating them. Granted, the argument that allows his existence here is that we should be more tolerant than the JW-organization was while we were in it. Alas, that doesnt mean on an Internet board or anywhere else you just sit and let someone insult you or make snide azz comments repeatedly. Even if you dont agree with me, look at the majority of the threads here. Our beloved and annoying Fred doesnt contribute anything useful, only sits on his high horse and is condescending at the first-grade level to all others he disagrees with.

I know, I know.. you'll say just ignore it. But its pretty hard to ignore it when everytime I go to read a thread I see a big Darth Maul icon on the left and the ongoing abuse of proper grammar.

Cmon Man!

LOL

The true Kingdom of God is located in your heart, not an organization of hypocrites.

www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/Jason1.html for my new webpage and info!! Im trying to live now!!

• picosito
    picosito

A few more:

INTERESTINGLY

OFTENTIMES

IRONICALLY

WOULD IT NOT BE UNREASONABLE TO ASSUME THAT.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit