A simple question

by Listener 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Listener
    Listener

There is a lot of information available about questions to ask JWs. It's a good thing to make them think a little more instead of being spoon fed all the time.

One question that could be posed is - Where did the the 'new light' come from? (answer) So where did the 'old light' come from?

What are your suggestions?

• ex-witness
    ex-witness

If they ever do visit my home (Since I haven't seen one doing door to door in over 10 years.. in 3 different cities) I will ask them...

First, where the hell have you been?

Secondly, can you, using only the Bible, emphatically prove that Jehovah's Witnesses are the true religion and there really is a god?

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Somewhere out there.. a JW's brain just exploded.

Curse you and your relentless logic! God gave Samson magic hair! It REALLY happened!

- Lime

• ex-witness
    ex-witness

One down... just a few million (according to their inflated ego and falsifying numbers) to go... :D

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Go to www.watchtower.org and research that question if you're really interested. You'll sure find the answer there.

Also, you can check out the book 'Reasoning From The Scriptures' and read the chapter titled Jehovah's Witnesses; the answers to many of your questions are there.

Remember, though, as Paul the Apostle said "Faith is not possessed by all". The book of Hebrews, Chapter 11, has a beautiful rendition of what faith is.

DY

• jambon1
    jambon1

In my experience, asking questions like that leads to a massive tantrum by the JW, ending in the statement 'why are you attacking me.'

I guess it's easier to do/say that than actually think about the question & give an honest answer.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I told my Dad that Jehovah's Witnesses said they could answer all my questions but never have.

He snarked back "That's because you don't accept their answers."

I said "No, Dad. They can't answer my questions. For example, the Bible explains why people die but it doesn't explain why the animals, birds, insects, and plants die. So why DO they die? What did they do to piss off the Holy Spirit?"

My Dad replies "I don't know."

I rest my case.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

JW's worth their weight in salt can tackle questions like yours.

"Jehovah provided light but us imperfect humans didn't understand it well enough. Jehovah gave us enough accurate light, but in our eagerness, we may have speculated on what was provided. But once we were ready to receive more accurate light, our own speculations were shown up as over-eagerness and now we know better. It's not that Jehovah was giving us wrong light, we just didn't understand it yet."

And I could ramble on for 4 or 5 minutes until I was satisfied that your question is fully answered and if you still disagree, well then you aren't receptive to "the truth."

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Where did the the 'new light' come from? (answer) So where did the 'old light' come from?

"Old Light" - old bullshit.

"New Light" - new bullshit that replaces old bullshit.

Farkel

• wasblind
    wasblind

Doubtfully yours,

I know good and well you ain't leaning upon the understanding of the Reasoning Book. But since you suggested that we check it out, lets do just that

On page 199 in the reasoning book under the definition of Jehovahs Witnesses it states: "that they are a worldwide christian society of people who actively bear witness about Jehovah" , further down on that same page it states: "anyone who publicly witnesses about Jehovah"

Acts1:8 Jesus told the Apostles when the Holy Spirit arrives they would be witness of him(Jesus) to the most distant parts of the earth. Because Jesus was given authority in the Heavens and on earth, His father had no problems with this directive that jesus gave to the Apostles. the only ones who have a problem with it is the Jehovah Witnesses.

1 Corinthians 15: 1-26 Paul tells what the good news is about, Galatians 1:8 Paul gives a warning about preaching anything different than this, Galatians 1:11 pauls tells that this message comes from the one who is in authority.

On page 208 in the reasoning book under the heading "If someone says"______"Christians are supposed to be witnesses for Jesus not Jehovah" it states that "you might reply:" "..........but here is something that may be a new thought to you."

Again, Galatians 1:8 warns us about new thoughts even if it comes from an angel.

JESUS IS THE SPITTING IMAGE OF HIS FATHER, WHEN YOU GET TO KNOW JESUS, YOU WILL KNOW ABOUT HIS FATHER

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit