A simple question

by Listener 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sherah
    sherah

Go to www.watchtower.org and research that question if you're really interested. You'll sure find the answer there.

Also, you can check out the book 'Reasoning From The Scriptures' and read the chapter titled Jehovah's Witnesses; the answers to many of your questions are there.

Wow, you are not going to even try to answer the questions using the bible only. JW's are trained to use WTBS publications as the authority and not the bible.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Doubtfully yours, the Reasoning Book just bit you in the butt

• wasblind
    wasblind

I hope I didn't kill this thread

• Spade
    Spade

“New light” is simply a concept that denotes new understanding of a subject being studied. In Christian theology this would mean new understanding of the Bible and related teachings.

“Where did the the 'new light' come from?”

An inquiry into the scriptures.

You couldn't figure that much out?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Compliments from Outlaw

• wasblind
    wasblind

Spade, New light doesn't change original truths, new light enhances the truth.

On page 200 in the reasoning book it states that "some who saw the events of 1914 will also see the complete destruction of the present wicked world."

The WTS changed the generation teaching not enhanced it because it wasn't the truth.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Spade says: "“New light” is simply a concept that denotes new understanding of a subject being studied."

May I remind you Spade, Holy spirit is very powerful, this is the same Holy spirit that created the earth, parted the red sea, impregnated a virgin,

and caused a roomfull of people to speak in different tongues, Now you mean to tell me this same Holy Spirit cant' get the right info to the GB the first time ?

Talk to me now!!!!!! Ain't this the same Organization that claims to be guided by this same Holy Spirit ?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Spade Where you at ? Looks to me like you need a new deck of cards

• wasblind
    wasblind

" But once we were ready to receive more accurate light, our own speculations were shown up as over-eagerness and now we know better."

That's a good one OTWO,

but the funny thing is "timing" they only recieve this New Light when the Old Light is proven to be false.

that's clear evidence that this light came from man not God.

• wasblind
    wasblind

If anyone reads through this book it clearly shows on pages 14 the length of a life span to be 70 to 80 years on average

on page 239 it states that this particular generation is well along in years.

According to the reasoning book, time is already up. thats why they changed the generation teaching this year at the conventions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit