how to tell elders we dont wana go anymore leave us alone,

by serein 44 Replies latest jw friends

• serein
    serein

the more i read posts the more im realising yep the guts are coming i just needed to give myself a slap and come to my censers

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I read this and I believe you back down too easily. I believe you won't automatically find the energy to not back down next time.

You don't want them thinking you are apostates or Satan worshippers? WHY? What do you care? That answer can dictate your next step.

If you simply want them gone, write a letter that says, "I, [name], do not want to be a Jehovah's Witness. Nobody here wants the elders or other Jehovah's Witnesses calling or visiting. This is your official notice of disassociation."

When an elder knocks, open the door and give him that letter and say "I can't talk." Shut the door and be done with him.

• moshe
    moshe

How do JWs overcome objections? They rehearse at the KM school. You need to decide what you want to say to the elders, an go over it- out loud, as many times as you need to get it right. Work on being forceful.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Keep them running around. If you start alternating between two different congregations while you are beginning a fade and then start skipping boasting sessions altogether, they will each think you went to the other side. That wastes a lot of their time. However, after you have been gone a while, it gets more dicey because they could change your publisher card to the other side.

The more you keep making flimsy excuses to not meet with the hounders, the more of their time and energy you will be able to waste. This works best if they have to drive 40 miles each way and you are not home. Do not answer phone calls from the hounders--if you have Caller ID, that is easier. Either way, the goal is to see how much of their time and energy you can waste without going back to boasting sessions.

• LV101
    LV101

WTWIZARD: ahhh, you make leavin FUN! IF they ever hound me, i'm going to tell them i joined the WTWIZARD group and girls jus wanna hav FUN! love your posts & your vernacular for the borg. everytime i think of your title ---- Suffer Forever book i laugh --- not to mention all the rest of your phrasing.

A how to have fun w/elders' manual would be great.

LV101

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit