If Jehovah God Chose Russell & The Bible Students Why Did He Give Them So Much Inaccurate Information?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Hmmm

Either Jehovah God (the Perfect God) didn't give that information

or

it never was the "truth" in the first place.

• booby
    booby

It was just to test all those who would consider following Minimus

• minimus
    minimus

If he "selected" these men, why wouldn't they express accurate information that would not be dumped because they were deemed "old light"?

• Elder-Patrol
    Elder-Patrol

God and Christ chose Peter. Did they give him inaccurate information?

(John 21:21-23) Peter said to Jesus: “Lord, what will [John] do?” 22 Jesus said to him: “If it is my will for him to remain until I come, of what concern is that to you? You continue following me.” 23 In consequence, this saying went out among the brothers [apparently from Peter], that that disciple would not die. However, Jesus did not say to him that he would not die, but: “If it is my will for him to remain until I come, of what concern is that to you?”

• sir82
    sir82
    God and Christ chose Peter. Did they give him inaccurate information?

Please provide the scriptural references that show that Peter, or anyone else with authority in the early congregation, disfellowshipped others for contradicting the obviously false teaching that "that disciple would not die."

• minimus
    minimus

Your point, Elder?

• booby
    booby

If he "selected" these men, why wouldn't they express accurate information that would not be dumped because they were deemed "old light"?

Minimus, Minimus, mimimus. How can you have "new" light without creating "old light".

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

God works in mysterious ways - but you already knew that Minimus

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

It was the combination of reading Studies in the Scriptures and of reading the bible in context, front to back, that convinced me that this is not God's channel. And although some made comments that it was "old light" not too much could be said. After all, it's our own publications, and no one could suggest that it was apostate literature. I was able to discuss it freely with my family without too much defensiveness.

Russell didn't go along with the idea of everyone dying at Armageddon. I thought his arguments were sound regarding that point, for the idea of everyone dying at Armageddon is just NOT scripturally supported. And you would think that such a human catastrophe would be discussed in great detail, right? Other than the mention in Revelation, and that only speaks of the destruction of governments, not of people, it isn't mentioned anywhere.

It was the realization that this was false that turned the tables for me.

The organization's own literature condemns them. I wish I had read these books sooner. They kept me busy reading current stuff, and so busy with meetings and field service that you don't have the time.

All the wittnesses should read Russell. They'd leave in droves.

• minimus
    minimus

Today's JWs are counseled not to delve deeply into the older publications. I wonder why.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit