Why the JW's mental image of Paradise is a pipe dream

by Sour Grapes 55 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• zoiks
    zoiks
    Then, will those gaining everlasting life on earth be bored? Those who profess to need the excitement of wars, accidents, violence and catastrophes to make life interesting are certainly lacking in empathy. Would they themselves want to be the victims of these things so that other people might not be bored with life? Hardly! Such a mental attitude reveals an unthinking selfishness as well as an immaturity of heart and mind.

That's a beautiful little strawman, isn't it? If someone says, "but perfect life forever could be boring!", then that must be what they are saying. Right?

In any case, no need to worry about logistics. As the WT says, it is not wise to spend time in needless speculation. God will take care of the details.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SOUR GRAPES,

I always felt their paradise earth teaching had too many holes in it and I never quite swallowed it. As you spelled out in your post, their "paradise" doesn't make any sense the way they teach it. Technology is ABSOLUTELY needed and there is no getting around this. This would mean that everything in this so-called system cannot be wiped out at Armageddon or else the poor survivors would be scrounging around starving in burned-out ruins. It would be like a scene from after an earthquake where the survivors are picking rags and crying. What a pathetic sight that would be.

TD,

You are absolutely right. Everything we have in our hands is the product of one or more technologies. How could intelligent adults in the religion not figure this into their calculations? Oh, I forgot! They don't think.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

God is going to make poop take care of itself in the new world.

*Said in Tom Hank's voice* No no no, there's no poop in paradise!

• zoiks
    zoiks
    She says she will have a fitted kitchen and a dishwasher in the new world.

Ah, Little Imp, has she specified where the electricity and water will come from? Theocratic Water Works and Theocratic Utility Co? Who will manufacture this dishwasher?

It's so funny...and yet so many never ever think about it. It's so much easier to just assume that it will all be taken care of.

Shh, shh....there there, little publisher. Don't worry about it. Just keep putting in your time and it will all be better someday.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

My parents are the same way in that they put off real enjoyment of life because they are going to be able to do it all in the New World. I find it so sad.

But at the same time, they think they are happy. So I guess they have that to hold on to...

• sir82
    sir82

JW illustrations and descriptions of paradise remind me of the image of British Victorian nobility.

Pampered and privileged lords and ladies with nothing more disturbing to worry about than what jacket to wear to dinner, or how to rid the rose bushes of aphids.

Of course, if everyone leads the life of the landed gentry, who exactly is it that produces the food, the clothing, the pencils, etc.?

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

I like the Paradise pictures where the women wear pretty dresses

and no slacks. Everone looks so happy with all of the food on a blanket

on the ground ready for a big picnic. However, I never see garbage

bags or trash bins for the corn husks or other scrap left overs.

Maybe we will just throw the garbage into the always near body

of water and let the fish it. What the heck are alligators going to

eat? Why did God give those animals such large teeth and large

mouths big enough to bring a deer down? In paradise will they

still kill dear in front of the children riding on the elephants?

Maybe they will need those big teeth to eat the corn husks

and apple cores thrown into the water.

• antes8080
    antes8080

thats a great points sour grapes

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Why did God give those animals such large teeth and largemouths big enough to bring a deer down?

Forget allegators! I want to know what the spiders are going to be doing?

-Sab

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Maybe Paradise will be like it was in the garden of Eden.

We will use grape leaves sewn together to cover our

privates up. Wait a mninute, Adam and Eve were naked

until they sinned. If they need not sin would they have

been but naked for ever? I don't think that I want to see

any of the people going to the Kingdom Hall being naked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit