Why the JW's mental image of Paradise is a pipe dream

by Sour Grapes 55 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

It is quite a large sized carrot.

They are told to meditate and see yourself in paradise, to make it real to you. Well, if the GB knew that is was going to come then they would prepare the R&F much more differently than that.

Any body with half a brain would know that after a all out war between good an evil there will be plenty to clean up with little to no comforts.

It just shows that they GB really knows the truth about the "troof". If they really believed then the prep would be much more like some of the cults like the Branch Dividians, guns and all.

J

• St George of England
    St George of England

See Channel 5, Thursday 28 October 2010, 'LIFE AFTER ARMAGEDDON' (If you are in the UK, that is)

It's supposed to be a good docudrama, though I doubt any WTS publications were consulted during its making!

George

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More
    Shoe leather will be made from Apostate ass-skin. Glue will be made from Apostate bones. Rope from Apostate hair.
    etc. etc...

ROFLMAO at newlightoldshite - love the screenname too!

• Farkel
  • Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

Even little children think more about those little things than most of the publishers. My daughter (don't know if she was 4 or already 5) asked me what the piranhas will eat in paradise. I just had to laugh because I myself never though about that "problem".

Desi

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

This just goes along with the show I watched today about good people going bad..

The Lucifer Effect..it ties in with cult/mind control. They make you think that without them there is no future. You will not have paradise..

A carrot on a stick (paradise, a loving family, good health forever, a wonderful new life)..leading you to do whatever they want you to do.

They showed (On Dr Phil) that the militarty guys were told to do what ever their commanding officer told them to do, including torturing/killing their captives in inhumane ways..and that there was nothing wrong with it. They eventually believed it and practically/did worshipped their commanding officer and would do anything they were told to do. Including killing themselves to prove their loyalty..

And so many believe it..a sign of the strength of the cult/religious leaders

Snoozy

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

My question to my JW about paradise earth is, will there still be museums, and art galleries? Will archaeological discoveries still be available and new ones yet to be found discovered? What about classic literature, theater and music? What about the amazing architecture around the world?

I have to wait and see, so I'm told.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Sometimes when breezing through the WT pictures of what paradise will look like I feel bad because I'm not exactly ecstatic about it. I feel really indifferent about it. Considering how we're trained to think everything is wrong with us, it makes me feel as if my heart isn't complete toward God or something. I'm more excited breezing through the Best Buy ads in the Sunday paper than I am looking at the little kids playing with animals in the WT. I think that the WT's view of what paradise is, is insulting to a degree. If I had perfect health, and a perfect mind with unlimited possibilities, I don't think I'd want to play with animals and drink iced tea all day while dressed in khakis with tucked in polo shirts. Not only that, but to be honest, when I think about the resurrection, I really don't care that much about what many bible characters have to say. I don't want to hang out with any Hebrew soldiers. I don't want to hear any stories from Moses or Jehu, or anybody for that matter. I've heard enough of these stories my entire life. I'd want to finally have a perfect body and mind and push both as far as they can be pushed without the hinderances of a faithful and discreet slave, and the hinderances of imperfection. To have perfection and waste it playing with animals, drinking ice tea and listening to stories of resurrected Hebrews doesn't sound like something to look forward to.

• Joshinaz
    Joshinaz

Isn't the sun supposed to exploded in a million years or something? Has anyone thought of that?

• In
    In

oh y'all, now, listen: all those resurrected people are gonna come back and show us dumb modern people how to live in mud huts and survive without modern convenience.

... or maybe rutherford was right and we'll just power our houses with our fingernails... hahaha...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit