they are going to DF me

by Found Sheep 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Wow! Yet another practical usage for sticky notes!

If they don't get the message, you might spraypaint it on the driveway next time.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

now that would be fun

• zoiks
    zoiks

I'm glad you're able to move on, Found Sheep.

Now live the rest of your life in peace and happiness!

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

If you got married before the Judge signed the divorce decree, then you are NOT legally married. Am I reading this correctly?

Technically your hubbie ave would hcommitted bigamy which is a felony in several states if that is what happened.

You should annul your first "marriage" and get married again to be legal.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I know I am legaly fine I just thought they loved me. may sound corney but It hurts me to the heart that they would make up a reason to DF me.

It's a destructive cult. Cults shoot their wounded.

Moreover, the number one priority of any organization is self-preservation.

I'm sorry that this has happened to you. I hope more people read the words you've written above and take them to heart.

Elders are not allowed to put personal feelings (or the Bible) above the will of the leadership.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Hassan talks about this concept. Doctrine over Individual...

So true...

I'm sorrry you're going through this Found Sheep. But you ARE loved by people. Just not them apparently.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

ministeramos I am legally married! I had 3 marriage lawyers tell me and gave me paperwork to prove to me I am legal. I think that is what pissed me off the most! that they are wrong! they are trying to say I am illegal yet after the law says I am not they don't care. they go far and beyond the law!!!! why? because they are so rightious? no because they just wanted a reason to get me out!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

just got an e-mail from the "nice" elder asking if I truly don't want to be know as JW.... What how obvious do I need to make it! slam door on 2 elders and then write a note?!?!?!? Wrote a quick e-mail back basicly telling him he is the one lost not me...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ex-CUUUUSE me???? You wed in good faith; how in the volcanic nether regions of planet Earth can the elders move against YOU???

Oh, wait.... So, the ex is ALSO a JW??? Has SHE remarried yet??? Does your husband want to remain in the religion???

I like the advice that Troubled Mind gave...

"Get a letter from your lawyer stating you are in fact legally married . Send it certified to the body of Elders . If it were me I would also send along a note telling them any future discussion of the matter would be considered slander by you.They would not want their names drawn into a law suit ,however you will do what it takes .... "

Hope you have good results and freedom, very soon!!

Zid

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

just so done with them! My ex is still in I think he remarried don't care to be honest!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit