another family destroyed by jehovahs happy organization

by Evidently Apostate 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• confuzzled777
    confuzzled777

So sorry that this is happening to those girls. This goes back to unconditional love and their parents must not know what that means. My heart breaks for the kids. At least they know that they have you and your family.....thank goodness for that.

I am in the same boat as you and your wife. My kids play those same games......go to school functions with non-witnesses and whose goals do not include full time pioneering but include a higher education and careers. It is a hard reality and one that I am still dealing with on a daily basis.

This forum has become a source of encouragement for me also.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    the one word a JW cannot understand that is a must in order to live in peace in this world is TOLERANCE.

So true E A.....When I look back I can shudder at some of the things that I remember saying in the old days...They are the people who demand tolerance from others but give none themselves.

I have to say though that not all of them are such bad parents. Friends of ours have a daughter who decided at about eighteen that she did not want what they call "The Truth". She went to college but still lived at home, as far as I know quite happily. She wanted University but her father opposed that, but only because he believed her to be immature and feared for her safety. Now though at twenty one she is at Uni with his blessing...although he would rather that she was at the K Hall, he accepts the situation.

• ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena

EA - thanks for posting about your unconditional love and care, not just to your son but also to your nieces, in spite of all the hateful, mean behavior being displayed by the other JW family members. Thank goodness your nieces have you for a lifeline! Whenever I hear how much JW families bash and tear apart their own children (who have merely made the choice of not being in their religion -- but going so far as calling them a whore? a prostitute...really??) -- it infurtiates me. And then those JW family members are rewarded with pats on the back by others in the congregation ("Good job turning on your family, Brother Heartless! We really are blessed by Jah in being the most loving people on the planet.")

Five bucks says my JW father STILL receives this sort of praise and feigned sympathy from others in the KH for his continued shunning of me 'cause I'm supposed to be some sort of hard-hearted, stiff-necked apostate and all. I fluctuate from days of just not caring about it to ones where I still feel a tug of sorrow or a blast of anger.

All my best to you and your family. Please keep us posted...

Blessings,

RTA

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

athena, i have the same emotional mood swings usually getting choked up only to change to anger in moments. i have said firmly that family is first in my life and my in laws know this and are quiet with me about my niece's. we have offered to take our niece in (the one at the motel) she has refused and i think she is defensive with everyone (dont blame her) she is a beautiful girl and i fear for her. i have managed to get her some money and a pepper spray gun as she is a loner and has no true friends that care for her. i keep texting, hopefully we can help more .

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

@Evidently Apostate,

At the very least, I'm happy for you, that you've been able to keep your own family together. On the other hand, it is heartbreaking to see your nieces being treated so unjustly. It's even worse that the people treating them this way (her own parents!) truly believe that they are doing what is right instead of seeing it for the hateful, evil spite it really is. It must especially hurt to have your helping hand slapped away by the one niece who needs your help the most. I can understand, to a certain point, her suspicion and paranoia. I hope for her sake she doesn't spiral downward into a horribly self destructive pattern that she would end up regretting for the rest of her life.

My thoughts are with you,

V665

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Maybe it's time to let the kids know that grandma and grandpa are deluded by a 19th century cult that has managed to survive into the 21st century. Have them leaf through Studies in the Scriptures with the old false prophecies and show them stuff from the 1975 buildup. Show them an encyclopedia simply stating the year of the destruction of Jerusalem. Let them know that they've been surounded by deluded people, but need to get a handle on their lives and feelings so that they won't suffer from the madness.

Good luck.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It is incomprehensible how the religion is able to get families to act this way. It is fortunate that you left when you have, as it sounds your nieces need someone loving in their lives at this time and you will play an important part in keeping them on track.

• Hadit
    Hadit

How awful! Good for you that you are helping out. I'm so glad that child has someone to rely on. Perhaps her sister will come around once she sees how you are with her sister. This organization is DELIBERATELY ripping families apart by tearing away the natural affection families have. That is the whole reason they deny holidays - they are times of family bonding. They want people to worship them - not to have loyalty to family. They are despicable.

I wish you and your family all the best. Keep loving those kids. That will help them more than anything else. They desperately need adult attachments in a proper, caring and loving atmosphere.

Hadit

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

another person being freed of Jehovahs Happy Organization, they leave destruction, and heartache.

Evediently Apostate......My WHOLE LIFE Has been one JW Trama after the other, with bawling and crying and sucidale people all around me...this cult is sick. Free to know how sick they are doesnt make it hurt less. My brother often tells me (an amazing successful guy who is hansome and awesome, but not book smart) They only way for him is the "Underground Railroad." SICK ^%*(&^^

I recently was reading thinking about the pius people in the org, and then the depressed to the point of damaging themselves. And watched a video (of course he was pushing an agenda too) about how "Religion" has a checklist, and to be "good" you need to accomplish them = ALL. If you do you are proud of that accomplishment, if you don't you are sad and desspressed that you are not abe. Proud/deppressed people....sounds like a Kingdom Hall? He went on to discuss redemption and grace and it was very moving. Although right now I really am not trying to imedeiatly "figure" out the Truth I just wanna be for a while.

Hugs to your family

• 1Robinella
    1Robinella

You have made the right decision by leaving the JW's. I hope your wife does the same. I suggest everyone in your household go to counseling and try to bring the other young girl to your home, if possible A.S.A.P. I commend you for your strength the troubles you have unfortunately seen is tragic and yet soooo common these days. I really hope and pray that this young girl living in a bad motel can live with you? Maybe show your household this site and they can see how many people are just like them. They are never alone.

I will pray for you and your family.

"We are not retreating - we are advancing in another Direction."
    - General Douglas MacArthur (1880-1964)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit