another family destroyed by jehovahs happy organization

by Evidently Apostate 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

3d1h, i too just want to be free

• Hiding Questioner
    Hiding Questioner

"This organization is DELIBERATELY ripping families apart by tearing away the natural affection families have. That is the whole reason they deny holidays - they are times of family bonding. They want people to worship them - not to have loyalty to family. They are despicable."

HQ

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

i wanted to post an update to this thread.

my niece( the older one who was living in the motel) attempted to run off to vegas and marry her boyfriend, and did not quite make it there before he ditched her and ran home leaving her without any cash or working vehicle 1500 miles from her home. she was sent a ticket home by her parents and when arriving was told she had to attend all meetings and study for each one in order to remain under thier roof. she lasted a few weeks and after more drama ended up at a homeless shelter. her depression became an issue and the shelter sent her to the hospital and after a few days she was committed to a mental hospital for observation. my wife and i visited regularly and upon her release she has come to stay with us. she is safe at our home and hopefully will start rebuilding her life. i can relate to her situation and told her about the time i was 16 and was told by my mother i could not go out after dark. of course i took off to a party and after a few hours i returned home but could not get in as the door was locked. it was winter and pretty cold out so i looked in the window and saw my mother, brother, and aunt at the dinner table so i knocked on the window. after several minutes of knocking to make sure they heard me(i was told later by my brother they did hear but he was under orders not to look at up at me)i noticed they were studying the WT and were ignoring me. completely pissed off i left and went to crash at a worldly friends home.got to love watchtower discipline. in many ways the conditional love in the org are causing the youth to reject the religion.

i am sure her living with us will cause a lot of friction with my wifes family but i have told them she is with us for as long as she needs and they are to respect my house rules ( be kind or get out).

• life is to short
    life is to short

Good for you in helping her. It is truly horrible what this religion does to it own children. I wish I had, had someone there for me like you are for your niece she will never forget it I can guarantee it.

LITS

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies
    she is safe at our home and hopefully will start rebuilding her life.

Thanks for the update Evidently Apostate.

Great to hear that you are looking after her and helping her rebuild her life. You are showing true love, she will never forget it.

3Mozzies

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

My heart bleeds for you my friend.

I have to also confess that my heart is permanently destroyed because I was an elder for 11 years...... I saw this sort of stuff all the time. I went into the night to get the PO's son who was attempting suicide (his parents threw him out for backing out of being an unbaptized publisher), I've listened to children tell they elder fathers never studied with them, that they knew nothing..... I've gone out on hunts to find other elders daughters in men's apartments...... the list goes on.

Its so sick that this religion treats children this way...... it gives me raging anger.

Imagine Jesus treating the woman at the well in John 4 this way. Or Mary Magdalene......or the woman with the flow of blood in Mark 5.

Somehow this crazy cult gets rational people to become crazed haters of their own family. I'm truly sorry.

• boyzone
    boyzone

How wonderful that you are giving her the support she needs! I feel for her so much but from a different perspective. I was like her parents but have now learned to love my children totally unconditionally since leaving the Org. Time and love has healed my sons so that we're now a close loving family. I'm sure the love you give your niece will also heal her too.

good luck!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit