The Cigar Thread!

by notverylikely 36 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Anyone want the details on the $8 humidor?

Yes.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Darth, the cigars I am looking at making my regulars are $2. Like I said, good cigars don't have to be expensive and expensive cigars aren't always good :)

LWT, basically, I went to a cigar shop and bought a nice tall deep cigar box (a Romeo y Julieta box) for $3. The challenges with using a box like that are keeping the cigars moist because those boxes are mostly going to be IN a humidor, not turned into one.

The box needs to be deep, wide and tall and have clasps. A lot of boxes are deep and wide, but not tall or don't have clasps. You will want all of these feaures to put plenty of smokes of various sizes in

I got one with a cedar block to reatain moisture and to add to flavor. Before I put the first cigar in, I moistened the entire inside of the box with distilled water (you can buy it for a dollar gallon or just boil tap water). I did that several times a day until the box stayed moist on it's own and then I left if open for about a day to equalize out and prevent over moisturizing.

Then, because the boxes don't have perfect seals, I took some felt and superglued it around the inside of the box where the top and bottom halves meet. I stretched it thin to avoid issues with the box closing. The felt costs me about $2, the glue about $3. I got a double osmosis humidifier from my local cigar shop for about $2. They will keep the box at the correct humidity for 30 - 45 days.

That was it. Just like with any humidor, I keep an eye out for mold, too much and too little humidity.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Ok so it's cool to say I like Backwoods Cigars... Grape for some reasons the girls love Grape Cigars... I've smoked more with Women than guys.

I'm outside smoking and this Model says... can I try that???..... I'm looking for the hidden Cameras.... Are you For real???

They love it. Don't tell the wife shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Darth, smoke what you like, not what I or anyone else likes.

A dude I smoke more with than most people likes very very mild smokes and I prefer more complex robust smokes. It's all good.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Thanx you make feel at home. My old "Herb" Friend was a Vietnam Vet who Loved Cigars also tried to turn me on to The Good Stuff. I Liked em but really enjoy the cheap stuff.

My Bud Died 2 yrs ago so Every year I buy A Good Stuff... and Smoke it to Dennis!

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Hey Darth, Backwoods Blacks for me and some cold PBRs.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Nice.... smooooooth

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I saw Backwoods and became........................................ the Man With No Name!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I am not a smoker. I do want to try a good tasting ceegar though. One that doesn't smell wretched. And I want someone to film me, so I can keep it for posterity.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

"I don't think it's nice you laughing. Now when you apologise to my mule, like I know you're going to..." Bang Bang Bang Bang!

Sorry, 4 coffins.

Sorry for the jack

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit