The Cigar Thread!

by notverylikely 36 Replies latest jw friends

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

SBC, Outlaw and a few others have chatted me up about cigars, so I thought I would start a thread for us to discuss, made recommendations, talk about cigar related activies like golf, drinking, and smoking after a great meal.

This thread is for any interest in cigars, what kind you like, don't like, questions, answers, whatever. Anything related to cigars and NOT related to JWs or religion is up for discussion. The only JW comments up for discussion are how they wouldn't LET us have a nice smoke.

I recently made my own humidor. Most people think humidors are expensive, I made mine (a cherry box with cedar blocks) and stocked it with 10 decent cigars for around $50. The humidor itself cost me around $8. In my humidor are a few Quorums (a bit mild for me), an RP double maduro End Ring, a Padron maduro, a few no name hand wrapped maduros I picked up in St. Augustine that I hope will be awesome, some Factory 59 throwouts, a few Cohibas and a Casa De Garcia.

Great cigars don't have to be expensive and expensive cigars are not necessarily awesome. Let's chat!

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

I do not smoke cigars and most I think smell terrible. There is one brand I like the smell, a family member has smoked them around me. They are illegal in the states but they smell divine.

Cuban Cohibas

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I've only tried a few.

These were the ones that I liked.

• Cohiba (Dominican)
    • Romeo y Julieta (Dominan)
    • Maria Guerrero (Honduran)
    • Rocky Patel (Honduran)
  • notverylikely
    notverylikely

I had a lovely little Cohiba the other day, it was very short, nice and dark with rich flavors. I loved it. Romeo Y Julieta makes some nice ones, a few years ago I was in a cigar bar and had a few glasses of scotch while I smoked a maduro churchill with a nice woman.

Rocky Patel 92's are some of my favorites. I love that they are box pressed for some reason.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Ya gotta love a Montecristo..

On a Buget but want a nice Cuban..

http://absint4u.com/sh/images/cigar.jpg

........................ ...OUTLAW

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I live in the US, Cubans are forbidden to me. Although I have had a few every now and then.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

I think I romanticize the whole cigar thing. Like, I had one of the best thought-provoking conversations in a long time Tuesday night when my oldest brother and my best friend came over. I broke out the Quorums and scotch and... pretended to be a distinguished gentleman. The scotch was good (though I don't usually drink any hard liquor neat or on the rocks) and the cigars were... I dunno, a change of pace.... but after the fact, it just seems I really enjoyed the idea of talking on some deeper things over a cigar and scotch with good friends.

What's that mean? Is it an acquired taste? I was late to care about beer, if that matters. Same goes for whiskey, which is my standard poison now (in Coke).

PS. NVL is a smart, experienced sonofaB if any of you need schooling on cigars.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Thanks for the kind words, SBC. I just know what I like and am willing to experiment. And yes, it is a bit of an acquired taste, but worth it.

Anyone want the details on the $8 humidor? The one I made will hold about 20 cigars.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

I should very much like to try a good cigar. It was about a year ago I smoked my first pipe which was a pleasant surprise. Of course, not all pipe tobacco is created equal, and technique makes a difference. Fortunately, good blends are affordable, for now.

As an aside, it is nice to know that pipe tobacco is not addictive, at least no more so than coffee, chocolate, or wine. I'm guessing that cigars are not like cigarettes in this regard?

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Don't laugh but a very good Cheap Cigar....please don't laugh..

Game Cigars are great! Cheap $2 a Cigar but very tasty and moist!

Wine, Green Grape, Vanilla, Cheap cheap cheap... but I love em'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit