Jesus Trashes 1914 in ONE Sentence!

by Farkel 48 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And, the "generation" Jesus was talking about was the group of people that were alive at the very time he spoke those words. People that could understand what he was saying would still be around to see the end. He spoke the words in 33 AD, and its fulfillment already came in 70 AD.

No number of Christmas lights generations strung together can accomplish that. The start was in 33, the end in 70--going to 1914 simply wastes a lot of strings of generations.

• debator
    debator

The problem here isn't 1914 but the fact that the Bible has Jesus on Jehovah's righthand waiting. Jesus himself giving "shepherds authority" until his return.

Psalm 110:1
    Jehovah says to my Lord: "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet."

How do you harmonise this scripture with your arguments?

Hebrews 10:13
    Since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool,

The bible testifies to a "waiting" period which just shoots your argument out of the water.

Someone quotes the following which itself explains the situation just past their highlighted bits.

Heb 2:7

You made him for a little while lower than the angels; you have crowned him with glory and honor, 8 putting everything in subjection under his feet." Now in putting everything in subjection to him, he left nothing outside his control. At present, we do not yet see everything in subjection to him. 9 But we see him who for a little while was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

"At present, we do not yet see everything in subjection to him.

Paul literally saying Jesus has the authority but at present some things are still not subject to him. Aren't you going to criticise Paul for saying this?

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Jehovah says to my Lord: "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet."

:How do you harmonise this scripture with your arguments?

Simple, silly. Can a King be a ruler and still have enemies? Of course, all human Kings have enemies, but they are still King and still have authority over all of their subjects.

So, you just created yet another strawman fallacy. Your argument is this: "Jesus can't have all power like the book of Matthew says until his enemies are crushed." Bullshit. The verse never said Jesus had to right all wrongs and crush all enemies before he would be given the power over all his enemies. Jesus said he ALREADY was given that power.

Didn't you even READ my topic of this thread, or are you just so dishonest that you did read it, and are pretending that it said something else.

Farkel

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

So, you just created yet another strawman fallacy.

Your argument is this: "Jesus can't have all power like the book of Matthew says until his enemies are crushed." Bullshit.

The verse never said Jesus had to right all wrongs and crush all enemies before he would be given the power over all his enemies.

Jesus said he ALREADY was given that power.....Farkel

Once again Debator/Reniaa has been run over..

By the Bus of Truth..

http://www.freewebs.com/darkness_burning/photos/Cnv0026.jpg

......................... ...OUTLAW

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Another point: "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven" is not worded as if that event was lurking in the far-off future. This is the imperative voice, the Son of Man calling for the coming of the Kingom then, not a mere prophet telling of some event thousands of years away. Consider what Jesus said to the thief in Luke 23:43: "He answered him, 'In truth I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.' " Not a thousand years later, not 1884 years later, but today! On Good Friday, the gates of the Lord's kingdom were open.

Why is the Watchtower so insistent on denying the good news of salvation?

• Ding
    Ding

The GB of the WTS insists on denying the good news of salvation:

1. Because they don't understand it themselves.

2. Because they prefer a legalistic, works-oriented religion they can control.

3. Because it doesn't center on them or their activities or their Armageddon false prophecies.

• debator
    debator

Hi Farkel

On Earth Satan is Ruling! according to you he is doing this for Jesus but wouldn't that make Jesus the bad guy?

Having Authority does not mean you exercise it (as you yourself allow with enemies) but we know the Bible has a timetable. And that for a period of time Jesus remains seated at Jehovah's right-hand, do you deny this?

Revelation shows that using certain aspects of this "authority" happen at a future point from John's perspective.

Revelation 12:10
    Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: "Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ. For the accuser of our brothers, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down.

The whole of Revelation is a problem for your argument. Where clearly things have to happen before everything comes into fruition. There is a reason why it has been 2000 years since Jesus was resurrected and that answer is in Revelation.

It's like you are blaming witnesses for the 2000 year wait when we had nothing to do with it. It is Jehovah who decides when all these things happen.

1 Corinthians 15:27
    For he "has put everything under his feet." Now when it says that "everything" has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    It's like you are blaming witnesses for the 2000 year wait when we had nothing to do with it.
    It is Jehovah who decides when all these things happen.....debator/Reniaa

Jehovah`s Witness`s have only been around since Rutherford..

There were no Jehovah`s Witness`s before Rutherford Invented them..

There were no Jehovah`s Witness 2,000 years ago..

And..

Your not a Jehovah`s Witness..

You actually have to do the work of a JW..To be a JW..

Not just Cheerlead the WBT$..

Yaaay!!..I`m Reniaa..

I Love the WBT$!..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

excellent job Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

debator,

:On Earth Satan is Ruling! according to you he is doing this for Jesus but wouldn't that make Jesus the bad guy?

I never said Satan was ruling for Jesus. Show me where I said that.

:Having Authority does not mean you exercise it (as you yourself allow with enemies)...

Right. You just defeated your own argument with that statement.

:...but we know the Bible has a timetable. And that for a period of time Jesus remains seated at Jehovah's right-hand, do you deny this?

So what? Jesus has all authority in heaven and on earth. The Bible has a timetable. Jesus remains seated at God's right hand for a time. These three things are mutually exclusive, and one doesn't affect the other. You have not made an argument. You've just stated some stuff.

:Revelation shows that using certain aspects of this "authority" happen at a future point from John's perspective.

Revelation 12:10
    :Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: "Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ. For the accuser of our brothers, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down.

:The whole of Revelation is a problem for your argument. Where clearly things have to happen before everything comes into fruition. There is a reason why it has been 2000 years since Jesus was resurrected and that answer is in Revelation.

It's not a problem at all. The book of Revelation only made it into the Bible canon by ONE vote. It was almost tossed out, and for good reason: it is a bunch of bullshit.

Who would you rather believe? Jesus himself and his own words, or some guy on LSD who wrote a book that almost didn't make it into the Bible and which is written in mystic symbolism and weird dreams?

:It's like you are blaming witnesses for the 2000 year wait when we had nothing to do with it. It is Jehovah who decides when all these things happen.

That's not an argument, either. Jesus never said he was exercising his authority. He just said he HAD it. You keep trying to put words into my statements, when they aren't there.

1 Corinthians 15:27
    :For he "has put everything under his feet." Now when it says that "everything" has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ.

Well, God created everything, too, but he didn't create Himself, so did he really create "everything?" Or are you just saying Jesus was a liar when he said he was given all power and authority in heaven an earth?

It's either that or 2) Jesus was stupid when he said that, or 3) Jesus didn't say that at all, or 4) Jesus didn't really mean what he said when he said what he said.

You're trying to make Jesus look pretty stupid here, debator. I wouldn't be doing that if I were you, because there is a better chance that you are wrong that there is that Jesus is wrong, and I wouldn't want to piss him off because that will cost you more dearly than him pissing off you and your precious Watchtower Corporation.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit