Jesus Trashes 1914 in ONE Sentence!

by Farkel 48 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Farkel
    Farkel

It only takes one short sentence from the Bible to thoroughly demolish the Watchtower religion and the doctrine they claim is their most important one. This sentence is so crystal clear that there is no way the WTS can weasal out of it. That's why they don't even try.

Although their REAL most important doctrine is that the governing body speaks for God, their CLAIMED most important doctrine begins with the notion that Jesus took Kingdom power and began reigning in 1914. If that doctrine can be shown to be false, the entire Watchtower theology scam crumbles into the trash heap where it belongs. Without 1914 as a key date, the GB loses all claims to spiritual authority over their membership.

What verse am I talking about? Matthew 28:18:

"And Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: "All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth."

Jesus didn't say SOME authority in heaven and earth, or MOST authority in heaven and earth. He said ALL authority in heaven and earth. There is nothing more than "all." There is no more authority or rulership that can be gained than "all."

Jesus didn't said he would get "all" authority in some future date. No! He spoke in the past tense! He said he already had it!

Therefore, the idea that Jesus was to sit on some invisible thrown and begin ruling two millenia in the future is ridiculous. And stupid.

Ephesians 1:20-22 also speaks in the past tense about the authority God had given Jesus had during the time of the apostles:

"...with which he has operated in the case of the Christ when he raised him up from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, far above every government and authority and power and lordship and ever name named, not only in this system of things, but also in that to come. He also subjected all things under his feet, and made him head over all things."

Not "some" things. Not merely all "earthly" things, but ALL things including ALL governments. If all things were subjected "under his feet," then all things were Jesus' subjects. Therefore he was already ruling in the days of the apostles.

Jesus himself gives a simple statement that makes the 1914 doctrine, and the Watchtower society's claim to spiritual authority a lie and a blasphemy.

Farkel

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Farkel: Another obvious flaw in their doctrine that for some reason I never noticed until I left is this:

The WTBTS teaches that Christ will rule for a thousand years. They also teach that he began his rule in 1914. Yet they teach the thousand year reign hasn't started yet. How did we miss that? It's so obvious!

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Sorry, I guess that's what you are saying in your post too. I just never thought of it that way before and it bugs me that I didn't.

• debator
    debator

Authority and rulership are two separate things but one can lead to the other. This is proved by the fact Satan is still "ruler of the air" on earth which would be impossible if you apply authority to just mean generally coming into rulership over everything straight away.

• Farkel
    Farkel

debator,

:Authority and rulership are two separate things but one can lead to the other. This is proved by the fact Satan is still "ruler of the air" on earth which would be impossible if you apply authority to just mean generally coming into rulership over everything straight away.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You're the one who exercises "rulership over air" in here, not Satan. I'm talking about air of the "hot" variety.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Farkel

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

LOL

I've never noticed that before.

WT April Fool's Day 2007 quotes it, then says he got kingdumb power in 1914, all in one paragraph.

• debator
    debator

Farkel the bible itself disproves you by setting a time-table of events on earth when things happen, when Jesus's Authority effects the earth.

Matthew 6:10 (New International Version)

10 your kingdom come,
    your will be done
    on earth as it is in heaven.

The kingdom on happening on earth was not then and still in the future.

Revelation shows one of the events that mark this

Revelation 12:9-11 (New International Version)

9 The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say:
    "Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God,
    and the authority of his Christ.
    For the accuser of our brothers,
    who accuses them before our God day and night,
    has been hurled down.
    11 They overcame him
    by the blood of the Lamb
    and by the word of their testimony;
    they did not love their lives so much
    as to shrink from death.

Why are they saying "NOW" that he comes in kingly power only when satan is thrown down to earth? Your intepretation of the scripture creates a conflict with the timetable of events in the bible particularily Revelation.

• alanv
    alanv

The WTBTS teaches that Christ will rule for a thousand years. They also teach that he began his rule in 1914. Yet they teach the thousand year reign hasn't started yet. How did we miss that? It's so obvious!

cd. I'm not sure a JW would worry over that scripture. I think they would merely say the thousand year rule is simply a special time when Jesus is ruling to turn the earth into a paradise with all the resurrected anointed ones.

Farkel. Yes that does seem to rather make the point doesn't it?

• bohm
    bohm

"This is proved by the fact Satan is still "ruler of the air" on earth"

Is poseidon ruler of the sea?

"I read it in a book! Its a fact! Give me you MONEY!!!!"

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

"Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God,
    and the authority of his Christ.

Then you have contradiction in the Bible and you might as well chuck that out with your mags and pop down to the pub for a beer with the athiests.

Cheers

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit