Jesus Trashes 1914 in ONE Sentence!

by Farkel 48 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

That's a really good one Farkel, but unfortunately the Witchtower will only come back and say that Jesus delegated some of that authority over to the "anointed" when he appointed them "over all his belongings".

I think a better one about 1914 is that if their theology is correct, then that would mean that Jesus has sanctioned two world wars and all the bloodshed that has gone on since then.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Farkel

Good job.

The book of hebrews makes the same claim.

Heb 2:7

You made him for a little while lower than the angels; you have crowned him with glory and honor, 8 putting everything in subjection under his feet." Now in putting everything in subjection to him, he left nothing outside his control. At present, we do not yet see everything in subjection to him. 9 But we see him who for a little while was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa/Debator...

1 Cor 15

25 For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. 26 The last enemy that will be abolished is death. .

All enemies are not under his feet...so he is still ruling.

Psalm 110:1

A Psalm of David. The L ORD says to my Lord: "Sit at My right hand Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet."

He rules the whole time he is at God's right hand. When did he ascend to God's right hand?

20which He brought about in Christ, when He (BG) raised Him from the dead and (BH) seated Him at His right hand in (BI) the heavenly places,

Ahh, Reniaa refuted again....

• Farkel
    Farkel

"debator",

No matter how many times, I point it out to you, you just will not learn what a "strawman" logical fallacy is.

You said:

:Matthew 6:10 (New International Version)

" 10 your kingdom come,
    your will be done
    on earth as it is in heaven.

Jesus said he was given all authority over heaven and earth. You equated the "kingdom" as being the same thing as having "all authority." The only problem is, Jesus didn't do that, and they are NOT the same thing. Jesus=1, "debator" = 0. Governing Body = "A" for bullshit.

I was going to say "nice try", but it wasn't even that.

Farkel

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Satan rules only those that reject Christ, he was never the ruler of beleivers and his "rule" on earth ended with the ressurection, even before that actually as per John 12:31, John 16:11.

While Satan still exerts his infulence and power on the "rest of the world" that does not believe, he has no power on Believers as per James 4:7

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

The 'Society' knows this is a problem. A few years back, at the district convention, they attempted to address this 'small problem'. A brother gave a talk and I was recording the convention. I might have this recording somewhere. It would not be labelled. I would have to listen to lot's of crap to find it even if I did manage to get a recording at the time. The equipment I had at the time had some issues.

But, this is the one line that they used to muddle it up. The speaker read the scripture where it says "all... then he said "yes... ALL BUT NOT ALL"

Never forgot that.

Now, typically, anything 'new' at a district convention comes out later in a Washtower article. But this did not. I waited. Still waiting...

The Washtower does the Devil's bidding. The washtower-satan-and-friends-society.

• Ding
    Ding

Likewise, the WTS says that Jesus has been invisibly present since 1874 / 1914 (apparently their "eyes of understanding" saw him for 40 years when he wasn't there).

But in Matthew 28:20 Jesus said, "... And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Apparently he has been present invisibly the whole time, so what does that do to 1914?

• sd-7
    sd-7

Great thread, here. Clearly, Matt. 28:18, 20 would have to be tossed out if 1914 were true. Either Jesus had all authority or he didn't, and he says that he did. If he didn't, he was lying. He also said he'd be with his followers all the days until the conclusion of the system of things. He was not visibly with them, so he had to be invisibly with them. To say that his invisible presence began nearly 2,000 years after his saying that is again, to call him a liar. "Where the carcass is, there the vultures will gather", to paraphrase him. Since when do vultures gather around an invisible carcass? Kind of hard to do.

The Society would have hope of some relevance in terms of this issue if they at least hadn't previously claimed his undeniable invisible presence in 1874, then changed it to 1914. Clearly if they had special discernment, they would have been sure of the first date and never had to change it. It's a case of saying 'There he is! No, wait, sorry, he didn't show up until 40 years later. Our mistake.'

Knowing how to multiply 360 times 7, divided by a pyramid, does not a king-priest make, sorry!

-sd-7

• donuthole
    donuthole

Debator,

If you want take a look at the verses just prior to what you quoted.

"And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne."

If I remember correctly the Watchtower says this "man child" was Jesus. When we was he caught up unto God, and to his throne? The answer is not 1914.

-Anthony

• Ding
    Ding

Matthew 24:27: "For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming [parousia: NWT says "presence"] of the Son of Man."

So the parousia of the Son of Man will be visible, like lightning!

So much for the "invisible parousia" doctrine...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit