What is "Brazen" conduct according to new 'Shepherd the Flock of God' book

by TastingFreedom 35 Replies latest jw friends

• sd-7
    sd-7

Oh! I've got one!

Repeatedly claiming to predict in what generation the end will come, despite warnings against false prophesying from Moses and a total lack of permission for receipt of that information from Jesus. Two witnesses must have read the false prophecies in print and allowed enough time to verify that they are false. Then judicial action can be taken, as the conduct is clearly brazen.--Deut. 18:18-20; Acts 1:7,8.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Socializing with avdisfellowshipped person is considered brazen conduct and could be grounds for disfellowshipping? In the 2012 printing of the elders book, under the heading “offenses requiring a judicial committee”, it says the following:

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Van

I picked up in the highlighted "insolent, contemptuous attitude". Especially the contempt part; where do we see that?🤔

Otherwise brazen is holding your tongue wrong.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

This is the "catch-all" if they want you out but cannot really find you guilty of a "real" offense.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Credit where credit's due...

...so-called "brazen conduct" (see what I did there?) is hands down, without a doubt, the most useful catch-all judicial tool the Org has ever come up with.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I always thought they changed it from “loose conduct” to “brazen conduct” because the former somehow led people to think somebody committed immorality!

When they used the term “loose conduct” years ago I wondered if it was deliberate. I thought maybe they reasoned that if people assumed a person committed fornication it would be a deterrent to any Witnesses asking ‘what happened’ since it’s embarrassing.

After all:..the end goal is to keep JWs from talking to a person who is Out because of the fear of what secrets a disgruntled ex-JW will tell..For example: what if a JW was wronged in some way or had issues with elders or doctrines! They don’t want anybody else in the congregation knowing these things.

• hoser
    hoser

If you told a circuit overseer to F off it might be considered brazen conduct

• Simon
    Simon

Note that quote:

"Willful, continued, unnecessary association with disfellowshipped, non-relatives ..."

That is the get out that no-one needs to shun their family. Anyone who does is following a rule that doesn't even exist.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

In my teenage years I gave a young fellow sister a ride to school and I was accused of Brazen Conduct just for helping someone out. Alot of nerve of people.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

with disfellowshipped, non-relatives ...

A serious sarcastic comment: What about disfellowshipped half-siblings? Are they allowed to have half-hearted, part-time, somewhat necessary association with their faithful JW brother-by-another-father?

I am sick and tired of being the main path of communication between two grown children. As the ex un-believing-mate of a JW spouse, father of a faithful JW and step-father of a DF'ed "apostate" JW, both children talk with me--but not to each other. (I never was a JW, so they couldn't DF me!) Nor does their reinstated JW mother speak much with the DF'ed child.

Just another way to split families apart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit