Should/Can I turn them in?

by AwSnap 105 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks
    HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    You don't even have the basic common sense of bathroom bacteria.
    Farkel
    beks,
    : It's getting darn near impossible to have a civil discussion on this board, on any subject.
    Yeah. You should try it more often.
    Farkel

I'll try to follow your example of civility more often in future Fark.

• Sayswho
  • Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I do agree, it will only make you look bad to turn them in. There's is no need to add stress to your life is there?

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV
    I do agree, it will only make you look bad to turn them in.

There's gotta be some anonymous way to do it, right?

V665

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

Some of u need to have a cup of this...not all of you...u know who you are!!!

• Many things are against the 'LAW'...if I know you drive 36 in a 35 mph zone I should turn you in? IT'S AGAINTS THE LAW... And I know the local gov. need the money so I would be doing a civil service. I mean really you may run over my child and become a murder... DRINK UP!!!

Sw

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

so we are nazi's for wanting a better US? where people are honest, and don't steal?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My intentions will ALWAYS have that little child as a top priority and I would not do anything to cause that child harm.

So how would reporting the parents and taking what little benefits (food and medical) they're receiving away benefit the child?

Here in Cali food benefits are $135.75 per person times 3 that would be about $410, can't spend that money on anything but food. Trust me benefits from human services is not in any way a get rich quick scheme.

I'm assuming they're not recieving cash aid too since that wasn't mentioned.

Is someone stepping up to take the child since it seems that the parents aren't willing to properly provide for the child?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    There's gotta be some anonymous way to do it, right?

Think about is this way.

The government has it's way of weeding out frauds. Like all systems, it has flaws and some will slip through the cracks.

If they opened up a "help line" for people to "turn in" frauds how much time would be wasted with "bad leads" as opposed to genuine concern for the system?

How many people are agaist any welfare at all? Some of those people are radicals and would grossly abuse such a help line.

Bottom line:

Let the government take care of this matter with the initial requirements to get into government aid (as mrsjones has already stated).

-Sab

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

so what you guys are saying now is: it's ok to steal, as long as you're feeding children with the income from the theft?

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

I suppose that's why I started this thread, Mrs. Jones. I haven't thought it all through at all, and I just wanted to hear some others' opinions.

Ideally, it'd be awesome if the parents got busted and were forced to start working. But I suppose they would end up getting in a lot more trouble

than I'd intended.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit