Should/Can I turn them in?

by AwSnap 105 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks

Wow Cheech, no need to be so rude dude. It's getting darn near impossible to have a civil discussion on this board, on any subject.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I'm basing my $.02 on the fact that the poster said that these "freeloafers" are not looking for jobs.

at least go to school on the state's dime to learn something diffrent.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Sounds like heresay to me.

• LV101
    LV101

someone in the "know" told me yrs. ago how witnesses do this (they are notorious for this) to gain privileges and power in the congregation they need TIME for field service, bla bla and many were on state aid so they didn't have to work. they would claim they had mental problems and anxiety (they weren't but learned the system) and had to be medicated and couldn't work. OMIGAWD. they figured out the game w/handouts to not have to work and gain power. UNREAL.

no one, of course, turned them in because after all they were doing the lord's work (the clergy class in congregations need pioneers, etc.) and who cares if one rips off the evil gov't and the hard-working fools paying their way that aren't witnesses, anyway, --- and paying taxes for these lazy bums. makes me sick. some of them learn how to rip social security off by faking deafness or other major disabilities. IT'S UNBELIEVABLE how they use the system.

i think they should be held accountable and forced to work if they want to eat.

NV1

• Woody22
    Woody22

after reading all of your comments I am with farkel.

Woody

• moshe
    moshe

The Bible says, you reap what you sow. Now who would want a JW to find out that dishonesty does pay? They might begin to think that Jehoobah isn't paying any attention to them after all.

• Farkel
    Farkel

beks,

: It's getting darn near impossible to have a civil discussion on this board, on any subject.

Yeah. You should try it more often.

Farkel

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

Just wait until they accuse you of something... Then use that to your advantage...

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

If you fell strongly about it, report them anonymously. I have done this on three seperate occasions. None of the individuals I reported faced legal repercussions, but all did lose their undeserved benefits. It's not that I was jealous or was interested in seeing them get into trouble, I just feel strongly that it is wrong to steal and I wanted them to stop. I like my tax dollars helping out the truly needy, but I don't care to see it going to scammers.

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Hmmmm, I'm kinda wishing I'd kept my cranky thoughts to myself.

First off, these people live in my parents basement. I know them very, very well. They started shunning me within the last year. We know (and are related to) many of the same people.

Secondly, I assure you that neither plans on furthering their education. It was a topic of discussion many times before I started being shunned. Further education is still evil in our neck of the woods. Becoming a ministerial servant and having his wife be an exemplary pioneer are far more important.

Thirdly, whomever said my actions of turning them in would cause the child to suffer... this child has a domineering ministerial servant for a father and a mother who recently said that her baby will be homeschooled when the time comes (there are only a couple small children in their kingdom hall). This child is screwed no matter what. My intentions will ALWAYS have that little child as a top priority and I would not do anything to cause that child harm.

To BREATHING, I appreciate what you said. You hit the nail on the head and for that I say "Thank you". BottleofWater...your advice is pretty good too

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit