im so mad ,angry , fuming , i want bethels phone number please !

by looloo 28 Replies latest jw friends

• nelly136
    nelly136

now they really have blown it and will miss out on a lovely little girl and will go to the grave never seeing armageddon !

if they're that nasty i'd think long and hard before trying to force them to have contact, sounds like theye doing you a favour staying out of your lives.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Do you really want your child being taught about killer Gods and demons by these people?

Do you really want someone who believes that you, are a danger to your children's future, indoctrinating them?

Do you really think they are going to restrict themslves to reading Winnie the Pooh for bedtime stories?

You should wait until you have had a chance to teach your children critical thinking skills before you consider leaving them unsupervised with any members of any high control cults. The Watchtower isn't the only cult that wants to recruit your children. Immunise them.

Immunise

Immunise

Immunise

Immunise

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Zid that is crystal clear.

looloo - there is a lot of painful history leading up to this which must be very frustrating for you especially as your MIL is trying to re-write this history.

I would respectfully ask what you want to achieve from this situation? What is your desired realistic outcome and what can you do to achieve this?

If you want you MIL to say sorry and change how she treats you then that may only be achieved through contacting her, getting her agreement to go through some of the issues. This would take a not inconsiderable shift from her current position, take some time and eventually rely on her changing - is that realistic?

If you want her to make some positive contribution to your child then some of the above may still be required or you yourself will be fuming mad any time you see her.

It seems so unfair to let her off the hook for a) being dishonest about the situation and b) not even caring about her own grandchild, although if you are better off without her influence - should you simply keep her out of your life?

Hope you manage to let off some steam.

mmxiv

• looloo
    looloo

thankyou everyone i haVe calmed down now and wont bother phoning bethel or mother inlaw ! im not going to waste

anymore of my time upset about something that was a lie anyway , i will choose to pity her and im afraid my husband will not allow contact now anyway and its his mum so up to him ! thanks all .

• cantleave
    cantleave

Good for you Looloo

• Gayle
    Gayle

I, too, many years ago, mid-80s,,had to be reminded by my brother about not fretting/defending myself over a JW mother-in-law and others. He clearly stated our older JW relatives, have made their choices, made their life and it proved to be nothing to envy. Now just worry about this next generation that you have brought into the world.

So my children have grown, never became JWs, and never got a relationship with JW relatives/grandparents and cousins. However, my children have 10 cousins that all had parents raised JWs, but have all left. So there are 15 children in the generation 'begotten' by me & siblings, and grandchildren coming along now. They are all have a bond with each other, most are in college now and several have graduated and are so thankful that they have had choices and their free minds.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Looloo,

I'm glad to hear the person who molested your child is in prison, where all child molesters belong. However, about your main complaint on contacting Bethel regarding what you perceive to be 'unloving' behavior of a member, please understand that the Organization shares the Biblical teachings with its members but it's up to the person individually to apply it in their personal life.

On the other hand, if I understood correctly based on what you wrote, you had an adulterous affair with their son, perhaps one of the reasons that got him disfellowshipped, then you moved away which made it the more inconvenient to see the grandchildren; you must admit that, with your own behavior, you've all created the scenario and now you complaint about it?! Look in the mirror, my dear, and own up!

DY

• ziddina
    ziddina

Thank you, Doubtfully yours, for that tactful and considerate comment...

Like a true "Christian" , you show that spirit of compassion and concern that causes all good JWs to leave the judging up to "Jehovah"...

LooLoo, I TOTALLY agree with all the posters who said that you're better off not having ANY contact with that woman... Your MIL...

If she's so cold and distant that she's allowing cult edicts to separate her from her grandchildren, it would seem she doesn't have much natural affection for them - at least, not enough to protect them from the ill-effects of membership in the Watchtower Society....

Zid

• looloo
    looloo

doubtfully yours, thankyou for your comment regarding my adulterous behavior that happened 15 years ago ! over the years i have been to hell and back regarding my guilt over what i did wrong with the pioneer that im now married to and have a child with ,and i believe i was forgiven a long time ago , even my ex husband says he dosnt blame me as he was a rubbish husband to me ! and most of all im all too willing to admit my part in the situation and sorry just isnt good enough ! however we moved away because i didnt want to live in the same town as my eldest childs abuser when he left prison which he did nearly 2 years ago ! and not to spite my inlaws ! i used to live a 5 minute car journey away from them and they visited about 3 times in the the 4 years since she was born ! so it is nothing to do with us moving away ! and anyway is it ok to tell lies about someone not allowing grandparents to see granchildren if that person commited a sin many years ago and is not a jw ? im sure you are perfect and have never done anything wrong in your life seeing as you feel it ok to judge me when you dont even know me ! has every moment of your life been spent doing everything god would aproove of ? i doubt it !

thankyou ziddina for defending me and showing christ like compassion x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit