Do You Truly Believe A Certain Politician Or Political Party WILL Bring About Real Change?

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MISERYLOVESELDERS,

I am in total agreement with you and have no use for politicians.

I think the many ex-JWs here that put their 'trust' in these people are doing so because they know they can't count on or wait for the invisible daddy in the sky to step in and fix anything.

• minimus
    minimus

In fairness, many trust politicians and these trusting souls were never JWs.

• minimus
  • SixofNine
    SixofNine

Do you honestly believe any one person (or party) can change "this system of things"?

Well yeah, and I just showed how obvious it is that they both "can" and do change "this system of things". Did Hitler change the "system of things" in Germany?

Of course, a JW would claim that Hitler's Germany is just a part of the overall "system of things", lumping Nazi ruled Germany in with democratically ruled Canada. But minimus would never do that.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

If that crazy bastard warmonger McCain (who sang "Bomb Bomb Bomb Iran" to the tune of the Beach Boys "Barbara Ann" and created a turmoil in the Middle East) had won the election, he would have nuked Iran and started WWIII by now. Obama IS the guy for change but his hands are tied as long as the Exxon Mobil Black Magicians have the planet by the balls causing earthquakes and whatnot whenever they want to send a message not to mess with them. Nothing is going to change until we have alien disclosure and the central bankers are out of business. It WILL happen soon, it's just a matter of when, not if.

~PS

• minimus
    minimus

The system of things remark was for the benefit of those posters who were getting all JW on me. Wink Wink.

The change I was referring to was positive, unlike Mr. Hitler's.(But 6 of 9 would know that).

• minimus
    minimus

So Prodigal Son, you probably believe WW3 would've started under Old McCain, huh?

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

I have to say NO also...even on the "outside" of the closed JW fantasy land I came from, I see that this country's layers of government controlling our lives has hedged us into a corner- is a new political party the answer? I've been hearing about the "libertarians" a lot lately- they want to tear down this government completely and start over....

as much as that idea sounds appealing.....is a "revolution" gonna happen? well..to quote monty python "nobody expects the spanish inquisition"- stranger things have happened, it is all about the evolution of mankind

CHG

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Simply put, no. As you put it, the pendelum swings and the further to one side of the line it swings, the exact opposite will happen when it swings the other way. Everyone shit on Bush when he was prez, everyone wanted change, i.e. get those effing repubs out and get a democrat in, got their "savior", then Obama gets shit on when he's prez.... so... I don't know or care of Obama will get another term, but regardless of what party gets in, it's just more of the same.

Just like the WTS, more of the same bullshit.

• minimus
    minimus

Soldier---I totally agree!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit