John Walker

by mike047 61 Replies latest jw friends

• mike047
    mike047

The U.S. government is returning John Walker to the states for trial. What do you consider an appropriate punishment for his mis-deeds?

I think, he should be[if found guilty]stipped of his citizenship and returned to somewhere in the mideast to spend the rest of his life,with no possibility to return to the U.S. for any reason.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Death to him: if he could have defended his towlieban friends, he would've been killing Americans. Kill him.

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

Two choices...

1. Death. He deserves nothing better.

2. Sex change operation followed by deportation to a Muslim nation where he can live as they force women to live. I can't think of anything else that could make someone disillusioned so quickly as to the "rightness" of that religion.

Susan

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Life in Prison without the possibility of parole. When he dies, bury him naked in the corpse of the biggest hog you can find.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• mike047
    mike047

Yeru; life in prison would be good[an enduring punishment], but why should the U.S. taxpayers support him in luxury[federal prison]for the remainder of his life.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I'm not one for all this coddling of prisoners. Bread and water twice a day with an regular meal in the evening is good enough for a prisoner. Hard labor, no TV or what not. That's what I'm talking about. We're not trying to reform somone with a life sentince, just protect society.

YERUSALYIM

• JanH
    JanH

Before metering out punishment, perhaps we should wait to see what actual crimes Walker are accused of, and which crimes he will eventually be convicted for. Isn't the difference between the civilized world and the terrorists that we are supposed to believe in due process?

- Jan
    --

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

JAN,

Well, sure I'm all for due process. Hey if Walker just happened to be on vacation over there and they forced the weapon on him, then no need for punishment.

We DO know what Charges are made, we'll wait and see if he's guilty. If he ain't I'll apologize to the little shit.

YERUSALYIM

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I don't think he should be returned to the States at all. Just like the rest of the Taliban, he should be turned over to the Afghanis and let them deal with his as they will the rest. Why should we be subjected to another OJ style trial where some crooked lawyer will get up and whine about how America mistreated the poor lad and caused him to go astray?

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• JanH
    JanH

DakotaRed,

So I guess your legal system needs a revision, then. I doubt many disagree with that!

- Jan
    --

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit