LAROUCHE THROWS RIDICULERS TRIPLE CURVE

by You Know 113 Replies latest jw friends

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Outlaw
    Thanks he he he he
    But seriously I am hoping very much to get a reply. I guess I'll have to just keep checking back. I wont give up for a couple of days because I would really like an answer. This abuse stuff is extreemely disturbing to me.
    plm

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Saint Satan:

There is more info about european nations seeking an opportunity to restore their former economic prowess from centuries ago, above the almight dollar.

The information I read (I will post later this week) talks about some of the advantages the europeans possess in terms of technology infrastructure. Now, the fact that they would claim advantages over the home of silicon valley struck me as odd and bold.

But, for starters, since the PSTN (public switched telephone network) was first established in the US and mostly copper based, our american ISP's and BELL carriers have been steadily upgrading from copper and analog to higher speed facilities to service internet demands. In one corner of the country after another, pipe is being laid.

Now, what's the european advantage? Well, in souther europe for example, (Greece, Italy, Turkey, Malta), the exisiting PSTN was NEVER fully developed. These countries do NOT have integrated backbones that interconnect from provider to provider.

Therefore, that explains the frantic push to lay and install fiber optics everywhere. They are poised to have an entire national infrastructure built solely on fiber optics (because they do not have to rip and replace/repair/upgrade and existing copper infrastructure) and they will be able to deploy fiber even to small villages, due to its ranges (single-mode fiber up to tens of kilometers and multi-mode up to 2 kilometers).

This is just one small area that contributes to the delivery and trading of a new currency model. I will follow up with the rest.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Utopian

Also, huge trade deals are being made between european countries and middle eastern countries like iran. Iran is one country that has a tremendous economy, and is growing. But since iran ejected american bankers/business men/cia years ago, this news won't get much play. Banks there are paying 20% interest in deposits.

SS

• You Know
    You Know

Okay, starting with the last first, which somehow seems appropriate.

Plmkrzy asks:

1)YK since no one lies to you, what exactly IS your position regarding the way abusers are dealt with in the many congregations where they exist in?
    My "position" on that issue is the same as any other issue or problem we are facing, and that is: That we, as Jehovah's Witnesses, recognizing as we do our place in God's purpose, must accept the fact that at some point we are going to come under Jehovah's judgment. It is unavoidable, and we fearfully welcome his inspection, hoping in his mercy. Have there been mistakes in the handling of child abuse cases? I am certainly not an insider by any means, but it seems to me that things could probably have been handled better. I doubt if too many brothers at headquarters who are knowledgeable of the situation would disagree with that. Of course they have to be extremely careful what they say because of the legal difficulties they could get into. But, as for how such cases could be handled any better? I don’t claim to have the wisdom to know.

It is interesting, though, that, while the Bible doesn’t make any mention of child abuse, except of course the ultimate horror of child sacrifice, there is an account that bears some similarity in the outrage and emotion that it elicited among the nation of Israel. The account I am referring to is in Judges the 19th chapter where a bunch of sexual perverts in the city of Gibeah raped a man’s concubine to death. As a consequence and admittedly one of the Bible’s more grizzly stories, the man cut up the corpse into 12 parts and distributed them to all the tribes. However, the tribe of Benjamin refused to hand the culprits over, and as a result the entire tribe of Benjamin was nearly wiped out as a result of the ensuing civil war. The similarity lies in the fact that it is the intention of some to create as much public exposure as possible in order to provoke outrage. But, as in the Bible account though of Gibeah’s mass sex crime, and the resulting civil war, that didn’t really solve the problem, but actually made things much worse. So, I am not unsympathetic to those who have personally suffered abuse. I just don’t know that there is a real solution to the problem other then Jehovah’s solution, which may not be real popular with everyone involved.

The point is that humans can’t really solve these sorts of problems that are deeply rooted in human sin and depravity. We are only talking about tinkering with policies and procedures to try and deal with sexual criminals after they have committed a crime. That’s a losing proposition from the get-go.

But as for your being disturbed over such goings on in the organization: As the experience with the Israelites, as well as the 1st century Christians indicates, our being “Jehovah’s organization” does not preclude us from having these sorts of disturbing and seemingly intractable problems. I think the Watchtower is struggling to come up with a solution, but I don’t really think they can be successful for the simple reason that it is too big of a mess. The only solution to the increasing lawlessness that is taking place in the organization is direct divine intervention. Jesus of course said that at some point he would ‘send forth his angels to collect out of his kingdom all things causing stumbling and all persons doing lawlessness.’ Undoubtedly that process will be a painful and traumatic experience for the entire organization, but for those who love Jehovah and his people, and the cause that we are devoted to, it is the only realistic and satisfactory solution that there is to the many problems facing us. Many have dismissed the well-worn phrase “wait on Jehovah” as a mere platitude for maintaining the status quo, but according to Jehovah’s word, they are in fact words to live by. “Be courageous, and may your heart be strong, all you who are waiting for Jehovah.”

2) If you had first hand knowledge of someone in your congregation that was molesting a child, who would you report it to and why?
    In such an instance I would report it to the elders. And as they have been instructed to immediately notify the Society, I think I would follow up and call Brooklyn too, just to make sure that they followed through. And then I would trust them to handle it. As I understand it, the police would more than likely be notified. I think that’s probably the best way to handle it since the brothers seem, whether rightly or wrongly, to have their hands tied in judicial matters with the obligation to follow biblical law of having two witnesses. Even if the perpetrator confesses and is disfellowshipped, that is not much of a price to pay for such a crime. So I think handing abusers over to Caesar is really a blessing from Jehovah if followed. After all, the scriptures say that they are God’s minister to us and are there to punish wrongdoers.

/ You Know

• You Know
    You Know

To Outlaw: I answered your issues, but you didn't answer my questions.
    You asserted that I was on the wrong side. And I asked you to tell me what great or universal truth that you have? Do you want to give it a crack? Also, I challenged you to explain how 2 Peter 2:19 DOESN'T apply to apostates, who undisputably cast themselves as enlightened liberators even though many obviously are moral degenerates and corrupt themselves? How about it? If you are in over your head maybe some of your enlightened buddies can help you out a little bit. LOL

/ You Know

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Robert:

I will agree that 2 Peter 2:19 bears a strong resemblance to much of the visible conduct in this forum. However, it does not eradicate the responsibility of any leadership in any organization claiming to represent and intepret the will of the Creator.

We could all count errors, but then who would stand? Imagine if the Creator counted all of our errors this very day, where would anyone be?

But, is that the point? We are discussing the possibilities, similarities, and potentialities of economic crisis on a global scale having direct reference to biblical and WTBS prophecy.

I feel you exited the following thread and did not complete the discussion. If you feel that way, please state it in a post. State your case that you "no longer feel obliged to reply", or perhaps "you will reply later" or "you are finished with this thread".

While disappointing, those are more acceptable than avoidance. Please finish the following thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=20025&site=3

Then, let's continue the debate.

• You Know
    You Know
    I feel you exited the following thread and did not complete the discussion.

You are mistaken. I never entered any discussion to begin with. I merely posted some guys point of view that I thought some might find interesting and entertaining. That's all. I am always open to discussing stuff as this thread proves. I will though comment on your Greenspan thread. / You Know

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Thank you!

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

YouKnow
    Just logged on and read your reply, Thank you.
    I can appreciate your views on the matter however
    I believe that we, as concerned adults, are
    responsible for seeing to it that when a child
    especially is being victimized,MOLESTED, by
    anyone it is our MORAL duty to make sure that
    something is done to Protect that child NOW even
    if the answer is taking matters into our own hands
    when all else fails.
    plmkrzy

• You Know
    You Know

I agree with you on that. I wouldn't stand by if I knew some child was being harmed. What do you mean though when you say that you would "take matters into your own hands"? / You Know

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit