Get the elders to leave me alone!!

by bottleofwater 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dysfunction
    dysfunction

I have been reading your post. As someone young like you, and who has been there, you should fake it till you make it. Tell your pops what he wants to hear. Cause it is either their way or the highway. Trust.... It is hard out here, and you are better under your parents roof. All these people can tell you go ahead and leave and ect.. But if you are on the street they will not say come stay with me. Look you are still young, tell your parents you want to go to the meetings, and ect... let them pay for your school, when you get a degree leave. It is easier to get a degree going to school full time for 4 to 6 years, then to worry about rent and bills, and then going to school. Your parents can not read your mind... And another good piece of advice get a laptop, that they can not look at the histroy....leave no evidence.

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

I have a laptop with me here. There is no way I can get back home.

• dysfunction
    dysfunction

Yes there is a way to get back home just don't let too much time pass. You know your parents, sweet talk them. Tell them that the kids tease you for never having a girlfriend, or having sex.. They call you gay, and you have been feeling down and wondering if they are right.... Tell them you want to serve God, and help others to get to know him. Do it soon, don't let too much time pass . Look at it as a job, the same way they are using you to look good, and making you count hours out in field, you can use them to pay for your schooling, and maybe one day you can help others in the future who might be in the same situation as you were when you were 19.

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

dysfunction: Not really the best advice imo. I think the best steps forward are trying to make the best of it.

While here, I should just try to get a job, get college funding ready (I've figured out how to make college free using my psychotherapist's advice.), and continue studying here meanwhile.

• dysfunction
    dysfunction

I wish the best for you... where there is a will there is a way.....

• out4good3
    out4good3

I told him I'm not going to talk. He told me to go live my life and that he's not letting me come back home.

Which is probably what he wanted all along. He just needed a reason he can give to his elder buddies on why he turned the light switch off.

• out4good3
    out4good3

Saywhat29

So...you're telling everyone else here not to do exactly what you just did.

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

My uncle was talking with my Dad just now. I will be disfellowshipped next Friday.

• braveheart
    braveheart

Hello BottleofWater... early congratulations on your path to FREEDOM!

I don't mean to make light of a very difficult situation...but turn the Negitives...into Positives.

Keep your wits about you...stay clear of stuff that will dull your Mind...ie drugs alcohol, etc.

Develop a Plan ...sets some goals...then Work your Plan.

Put it in writing and look at it everyday...there is power in doing this... I promise you.

Don't be the Lone Ranger...there are people out there who can help....Seek them... and choose wisely.

There is Strength in YOU....I feel it! -BH

• debator
    debator

This seems to have all happenned very quickly and things he has said on the other posts don't add up. Pioneering, leaving home, gay admission, judicial committee, df'ing all in one week?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit