I'm back with a new computer and feeling better

by Lady Lee 38 Replies latest jw friends

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

well done LL

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I'm sure those who gave money will find it well spent. Those comments on this board and those other sites really help out the community, and I really appreciate seeing such activity on Freeminds as well as here. (Even though I am not directly affected, it does help to get prospective studies a better handle on what they are getting into before they commit, so they can decide not to join).

What I really appreciated was, when sufficient funds were received, notice was posted that enough was on hand. This shows that it was need, not greed, that was behind this drive. Now, if only the a$$embly accounts could be so honest--I never saw them receive enough funds without their created deficit at the final session.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Glad to hear the worst is over and you're on the mend.

:)

• poppers
    poppers

Welcome back - glad you are on the mend and have a computer that works (thanks to some very caring people here).

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Thank you Darth OUTLAW - Behave? Good thing the worst he does is make us all laugh

Thank you little bird, lozhasleft, nelly136, green jade and Dumi welcome to the forum, onthewayout, jookbeard, Twitch and Poppers It is good to be back.

V665 I hope I never have another spill like this. I'm 58 and this is probably the worst accident I have had in my life so it was pretty big for me. I've only had one other that involved falling down a flight of stairs. That one took a year to recover from due to some nerve damage in my leg. But oddly I wasn't black and blue all over from the fall. I think the meds made the bruising much worse that might have been normal. Either that or I am just getting OLD.

wasblind I like the hair too - very easy to care for

jamiebowers two of the other accidents were things dropping on my feet - not good at any time but they both involved one toe (different feet). I forgot what I dropped the first week but my whole toe turned black. The following week I dropped a shelf on my toe when I was trying to b[put a bookshelf together. That hit the toe but half my foot turned black. Then I knicked my finger while I was doing something in the kitchen. After an hour when I couldn't get it to stop bleeding I headed over to the ER thinking it might need stitches. After waiting another hour before seeing someone the bleeding had finally stopped. She said the cut was way too small to put a stitch in but didn't seem to think anything really odd about how long it took to stop the bleeding. Maybe she just thought I was making it up.

Then there was the nose bleed in the middle of the night. I woke up feeling really odd in my nose and throat and when I blew my nose I just gushed blood. I had never seen that before but I was able to get it to stop. 4 accidents and the nose bleed. Ifg no one else was concerned I sure was. I think I saw more bruising on my body in those 5 months than I saw in my whole life if you put them all together. Then someone asked me about me meds and it clicked that maybe there was a connection. And then the computer wasn't working so I had to rely on my pharmasist to help me make the connections.

Sometimes we have to be our own advocate when it comes to our health.

Aussie OZ I hope your 2 weeks were not as eventful as mine

MMXIV I'm thinking of using the clip for one of my columns on Freeminds. It is posted here already but Freeminds has a different and possibly wider range of readers.

Hmmm Why did I leave the cases there. Well not for ducking out on you all. Every year I make plans to learn something new. Last year was animal pillows and outerwear for people in wheelchairs. This year it is jewellry. The cases were 5 small cases of assorted beads, probably about the size of the AID book each. I recall tripping on one which knocked over the second which knocked over the third and I was tripping over all of them. Lesson learned. They get put away. And OUTLAW would probably send the bear to find me!!!

WTWizard

What I really appreciated was, when sufficient funds were received, notice was posted that enough was on hand. This shows that it was need, not greed, that was behind this drive. Now, if only the a$$embly accounts could be so honest--I never saw them receive enough funds without their created deficit at the final session.

I thank Randy for posting the STOP. I think Randy would have been happy to let it go on so I could go out and buy a brand new computer. But I prefer to have one buiuilt so I get what I want in it - and it is cheaper this way. Plus I hate spending my own money on things I can do for myself like changing the hard drive, upgrading the RAM, etc. I sure wasn't going to waste other people's money on it.

But really what you said about the WTS and conventions. They never have enough and are always asking for more. They don't seem to realize that people have given up their educations and careers to service the organization. They don't have a lot of money to give!

For me that is what made this whole thing sweeter. I feel very blessed by all of you.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Actually I should have asked how much a new computer box costs in Canada. :-))

A few weeks ago I had to go into debt and get a new one myself, since my 5 yr old XP just wasn't updating fixes anymore, and newer programs wouldn't install without Net 2.0, and I'm so sick of working on computers. I have built a few in the past, and so has Lee.

I remember having to pay nearly $3000 years ago for a 386 PC. I just bought a new box from Fry's electronics (Gateway) for $750, which has:

quad core processing at 3.1 Ghz

1 terabyte hard drive 7200 RPM (VERY quiet)

wireless internet

1 gig on the video card

a zillion USB ports

surround sound dolby 5.1 capable

2 DVD players, one is Blue-Ray capable and the other burns dual layer disks

Windows 7 Professional with virtual XP mode (Much better than XP in attaching peripherals like 5 printers) but runs old DOS programs

all for $750!!

You can get a scaled-down version if you don't need a lot of space and speed for video stuff like I do for less than $500.

Glad I live in Cali! Canada must be different. Fry's won't ship there though.

Dogz

• Farkel
    Farkel

Lee,

I'm happy to hear you are recovering. You gave us quite a spell.

Take care of yourself, please.

Farkel

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

for the support

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Wow the difference in your pictures. It is sure good that you are feeling and looking better. Also it is so good that you have access to a computer again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit