How credible is the wt claim to be chosen by Christ in 1919.

by coffee_black 63 Replies latest jw friends

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I brought this up to debator on another thread... and he/she ignored it... Thought the subject deserved its own thread...for anyone who has never read the Finished Mystery.

The Watchtower claims that Jesus inspected the Churches in 1919 and chose the Watchtower to represent God on earth, based upon the spiritual food they were dispensing at that time.

Note:

The serving of food, the right sort of food, at the proper time was the issue. It had to be according to this that a decision must be rendered by the returned master…

On inspecting the remnant of his anointed disciples in the year 1919 C.E., the reigning King Jesus Christ did find the appointed slave faithful and discreet in the feeding of his domestics. Accordingly, he appointed this slave class over all his belongings." Gods Kingdom of a Thousand Years Has Approached pp.350,355

If Christ chose them as the only organization to represent God on earth based on what they were teaching, then the teachings of the organization at the time of their having been chosen, must have been true. Right? What were they teaching at that time? Well, the most well known and current publication of that time was the Finished Mystery. What is contained in that book?

Here are a few gems contained in the Finished Mystery:

• 88 "proofs" that Christ's "Second Advent occurred in the Fall of 1874" (pp.68-71)
    • The remaining Anointed would all be taken from earth to heaven in the spring of 1918. (p.64)
    • "Also, in the year 1918, when God destroys the churches wholesale and the church members by millions...." (p.485)
    • "Even the republics will disappear in the fall of 1920....Every kingdom of Earth will pass away, be swallowed up in anarchy." (p.258)
    • The rider on the white horse in Revelation 6:2 is "the Bishop of Rome, the embryo Pope, the personal representative of Satan" (p.106)
    • Michael the Archangel is the pope of Rome. (p.188)
    • "Leviathan" of Job 41:2-19 is a locomotive. (p.85)
    • "The chariots rage in the streets, they jostle one another" of Natham 2:4 are the clanking and the bumping of railway cars. (p.93)
    • The "valiant men" of Nathum 2:3 are an engineer and a fireman. (p.93)
    • Demons will invade the minds of churchgoers in 1918, leading to their destruction. (p.128)
    • "Behemoth" of Job 40:15-24 is a stationary steam engine. (p.84)
    • The "voice from heaven" of Revelation 18:4 is the voice of The Watchtower Society. (p.276)
    • The glory of the angel of Revelation 18:1 refers to modern discoveries such as correspondence schools, celluloid, Divine Plan of the Ages, talking machines, vacuum cleaners, induction motors, pasteurization, Panama Canal, shoe sewing machines, subways, skyscrapers, Roentgen rays. (p.273)
    • Revelation 14:20 predicted the precise distance from the place where The Finished Mystery was produced in Stranton, Pennsylvania to its shipping destination in Bethel in New York City (p. 230)

These teachings and others were the basis of the Watchtower organization being chosen by Christ, himself. Why then don’t they continue to teach these things? Why do the teachings of the Watchtower today have little in common with the teachings of the Watchtower at the time of their being chosen? If the teachings contained in this book and other publications of that time were the basis for their being chosen, then one would think that every JW would want to read them…right? But no, the Society strongly discourages anyone from reading it. Why?

In addition to the insanity contained in this book, the front cover reveals even more. The symbol on the front cover is the Egyptian god, RA.

finished m

A quick googling of the symbol of the Egyptian Sun God RA...also related to Horus shows countless examples of this ancient symbol. Here's an example.

The winged sun disk: the primary symbol of Ra, a very ancient symbol that signifies the “Sun of Righteousness with healing in his arms.” It also represents the creative elements of nature.

winge

So the JWs claimed that they were chosen on the basis of the spiritual food they were dispensing at the time of their choosing...and yet they don't teach those things now.... and to boot, there is the symbol of another God on the front cover of material they claim was the basis of their choosing... Just where is the credibility?

Coffee

Thanks to JWfacts for the easy references to wt quotes!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I agree: they cannot claim that Christ approved them in 1919 for teaching bullpucky that they no longer preach, unless THET want to admit that they've gone rogue apostate, which leads one to wonder if Christ still approves of them today.

Disclaimer: I am an atheist, but I can practice "suspension of disbelief" to play this silly game the WTB&TS enjoys so much. So can you.

Now, if I recall correctly, the stock WTB&TS answer for this question is that they demonstrated the "right heart condition." The fact that they were bumbling morons is not as important as the fact that they were SINCERE bumbling morons. Yeah, that dog hunts good.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Interesting. You've just exposed the Watchtower for exactly what it was when it was invented: A nicely convincing interpretation of a Kabbalistic Bible, a Masonic Illuminati experiment in mind control and obedience, and a prototype religion for a New World Order, which they thought they would have in place by 1920 or so, but the League of Nations bombed out when the US didn't join. The Russell crime family has its fingerprints all over everything.

The Vatican (Jesuits) were also behind the Watchtower and is still its mother church, as it was part of their own plan to weaken Christianity even if it meant the church would be attacked. This method of creating opposing sides as a means of getting a desired synthesis is called the Hegelian Dialectic. Interestingly, that would make the Watchtower a daughter harlot according to their own interpretation.

~PS

• Ding
    Ding

I have The Finished Mystery book at home, and I can't get any JWs to look at it!

It's as if they've made up their mind that the WTBTS is God's organization and they simply won't consider anything that proves that claim to be bogus, not even WTBTS publications themselves.

I had an elder denounce such evidence as apostate literature.

I asked him when WTBTS publications stop being the truth and turn into apostate literature.

He walked out on me.

I guess reality is just too painful for many, sort of like how we might react if someone tried to prove to us that our dear departed sweet granddad had really been the kingpin of an international crime syndicate.

I'd like to hear the experiences of others in this regard.

Have you had success getting Witnesses to face the truth about the WTS' embarrassing past?

If so, how do you get them to give it honest consideration?

• cantleave
    cantleave

This is the real clincher. How could Jesus have chosen the bible students in 1919 when they were spouting so much crap.

Lets be honest HG Wells came up with more accurate predictions.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

On my way out of the borg, I had a 3 hour meeting with 2 elders. I brought my copy with me. They refused to touch it, let alone read anything in it. They did not have one answer for any of the questions I raised. I used the Bible...they never once opened theirs...or even quoted from it. They looked like deer caught in the headlights.

They both asked why I would want to read old publications. I said that the Bible is a lot older than those publications... and we used that. I told them the history of any organization establishes or disproves its credibility in regards to its claims. I told them my grandparents were Bible Students in that era... and those old publications drew them to the wt, and it was part of my heritage. Why would any of that be a problem? Again, the deer in the headlights. look.

Near the end one of them stood over me (I was seated) and got a bit confrontational. I stood up and looked him dead in the eye. He said "you're really proud of all you have found out, aren't you. I said, no... it had been the most humiliating experience of my life.

Coffee

• The Finger
    The Finger

It's totally false. Just like the new generation teaching.

• Ding
    Ding

Coffee,

Your experience with the elders was a lot like mine.

They wouldn't look at what the Watchtower had said.

They thought there was something wrong with ME for looking at it.

They knew where it all was heading and they shut their eyes rather than look at unpleasant realities.

I remember saying, "If you want to bury your head in the sand, so be it, but don't go around telling people you have the truth. You can't FACE the truth."

I knew a presiding overseer from another congregation who was stunned at what he saw in the old WT publications.

He decided he had to tell his congregation what he had seen.

They DFd him.

How do we get people to open their eyes?

How do we identify who is willing to pursue the truth and who will refuse to look at it?

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Ding,

I wish I had the answer to that question.

Not everyone leaves the borg for the same reasons. The history of the organization was an important issue for me.... Some don't think it matters. I don't understand that reasoning...but to each his/her own.

Coffee

• Ding
    Ding

The presiding overseer I mentioned told me he wondered what they would be using the KH for after he showed them all the false prophecies and absurd statements in the old publications.

He was utterly astonished when they didn't care except to conclude that HE was the problem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit