How credible is the wt claim to be chosen by Christ in 1919.

by coffee_black 63 Replies latest jw friends

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Something went weird on this thread... looks like a third page, but it comes up as reply page..with no posts... so just testing to see if all is well...

Coffee

Ok... Now it's a third page... maybe it's just a gtlitch in my computer

Oh but now the video Jeben /Titus posted is gone. I must have missed something.... I'll be quiet now

• garyneal
    garyneal

That book, along with the whole 1799, 1874, 1914 teachings about Christ is what helped me determine that this religion could not be the truth.

My wife naturally goes to the Proclaimers book but even she admitted that the whole 1914 date seems a bit contrived now. She's not quite at the point to where she will admit that this makes the religion wrong but she's making progress.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I think "the finished mystery" should be moved to the comedy section. If you read it, it is some crazy stuff. It will make you laugh.

-sb-

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

How credible is the wt claim to be chosen by Christ in 1919

None, it was used to support their own publishings and to bring viability to their proclamations,

which were direct actions of marketing for the publishing company.

They self labeled themselves as true preachers of the gospel, rather they were preachers for the WTS. and its gospel.

Has everyone read the Watchtower gospel ?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

thankyou for this thread!

i was just thinking about the 1919 thing,

oz

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

My question to JW apologists, that has gone unanswered is this:

On what basis can we conclude that the International Bible Student's leadership was freed from Babylonish captivity and appointed God's earthly steward , when they were practicing the idential things they were in 1917 which supposedly got them sent away in the first place.

• streets76
    streets76

Two observations:

1) The Finished Mystery is such an accidentally ironic title. Modern JW readers will indeed finish the mystery of their whacked-out religion.

2) Being an ex-JW is just too much fun sometimes. Everyone should become a JW, read the FM, then drop out, just to share our joy.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

The Finished Mystery leaves no doubt that the Wt is a fraud. It is crystal clear for anyone who has ever read it.

Coffee

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I have found no credibility to the society's claim to be chosen as God's spokesmen. There has been only baseless assertions that have no substance.

• St George of England

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit