How do Jehovah's Witnesses Explain This Fossil Record?

by sabastious 143 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bohm
    bohm

debator - Scientists have a huge model on which part of the fossil record was put down when. I strongly doubt you have a similar model. For example, what part of the fossil record was the flood responsible for?

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

^^^http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/1999/11/05/dinosaurs-and-the-bible

Found it interesting but dont think it answers all questions

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Found it interesting but dont think it answers all questions

It answered one very important question...How dumb can some people be? The answer....that website goes to 11.

• poppers
    poppers

Good grief - from the link provided by Joey Jo-Jo, explaining what happened to the dinosaurs:

But, one such explanation does exist. If you remove the evolutionary framework, get rid of the millions of years, and then take the Bible seriously, you will find an explanation that fits the facts and makes perfect sense:

At the time of the Flood, many of the sea creatures died, but some survived. In addition, all of the land creatures outside the Ark died, but the representatives of all the kinds that survived on the Ark lived in the new world after the Flood. Those land animals (including dinosaurs) found the new world to be much different than the one before the Flood. Due to (1) competition for food that was no longer in abundance, (2) other catastrophes, (3) man killing for food (and perhaps for fun), and (4) the destruction of habitats, etc., many species of animals eventually died out. The group of animals we now call dinosaurs just happened to die out too.

I guess all that work by Noah at God's bequest didn't pan out very well. You'd think God would have anticipated the result beforehand and done something so all those animals would have survived in post-flood earth.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    My thoughts are that neanderthals are pre-flood which would allow for a greater DNA difference.

lol @ flood reference.

-Sab

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    Ask Darwinists to explain the Cambrian explosion in the fossil records.

Wow, is Debator trying to play in an Evolution debate? This'll be good. So, to start, regarding the Cambrian Explosion for any third parties who are interested, I think Thunderf00t counters this 'creationist argument' extremely well:

A) Oxygen was becomming more present in the atmosphere, which presented lifeforms that could utilize it new competitive advantages.

B) The Cambrian Explosion took place over 6,000,000 years (EDIT: fixed)

C) All the animals in the Cambrian Explosion were water dwelling. (If this is being purported as a 'creation event', why do we not see similar 'creation events' for the other animal groups/creative days? Answer: Because they didn't happen.)

D) A significant number of those animals (I don't have an exact percent) are now extinct, which makes very little sense from an 'intelligent designer' stantpoint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sui4CadfhDM

If anything, the Cambrian Explosion is a remarkable study in competition and evolution.

For more information that isn't based on appeals to ignorance and/or bronze-age nonsense, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambrian_explosion

- Lime

• pirata
    pirata

I posted the full Awake Article on radiocarbon dating here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/200132/1/Radiocarbon-Dating

Kept it seperate as I ddn't want to swamp this thread (it takes a full 15 pages in the Awake!)

• carpediem
    carpediem

They put their fingers in their ears, cover their eyes and shout over and over again 'cant hear you, cant hear you'.

I had a conversation with a jw recently (a friend whilst I was still in). I was talking about cave paintings that were 32 thousand years old that had been carbon dated. She said I was gullible for believing the theory of imperfect men instead of listening to Jehovah. I said 'who taught you about Jehovah? Oh yeah, imperfect men wasnt it'!

• bohm
    bohm

looks like debator has left the building...

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

They use two explanations:

A) Oh those are not humanlike fossils, they are simply apes! Dumb apes!

B) Oh those are not humanlike fossils, they are simply humans! And the dating is wrong, it got all mingled up during the flood, dontcha know?

Both followed up by:

C) Instead of worrying about some old bones found in the dirt, your time would be spent better going in field service. Have you started planning to aux pioneer the coming summer?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit