How do Jehovah's Witnesses Explain This Fossil Record?

by sabastious 143 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Outlaw said:

"Sludge to man" in a billion years is not proven.....Debator/Reniaa

Evolution has been Proven..

Reniaa Evolved to Debator in a Week..

........................ ...OUTLAW

Just as ugly! LOL And just as dumb.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

What a muddled mind.

BTS

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    It has been admitted the fossil record is extremely incomplete and also that Darwinism is an ever-changing creature happy to throw in the bin out-dated past proofs for a new set of possibilities. Embryonic fin was a good example of this.

1) The fossil record is more complete than what has already been examined. Paleontologies have been recovering fossils intensively for only 200 years. There is a lot that has not been examined yet. The video I linked shows that if you are looking for a transitional form between fish and amphibian, you can figure out what age the sedimentary rock should have, and then travel to the part of the earth that has this strata, dig, and then find exactly what you are looking for.

2) I already told you that it makes no sense to latch onto early incomplete understandings of embryological development when there is so much current science that better explains the observations made a hundred years ago. Thanks to genomic research, we now better understand the relationship between embryonic development and evolution, with startling results revealing how anatomical structures across different animals are indeed related.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I think that some people reject evolution because someone has TOLD them that to do so is to deny God and creation, when in fact it does NOTHING of the sort.

Evolution has been proven over and over, we have no need to go any further than how a virus or bacteria can and will evolve to deal with the medince that exists to kill it.

Many biologists and scientists that are religious in one way or another, all see evolution as "proof" of God rather than a denying of God.

I think that having a faith so week as to feel intimidated by science should cause one to re-evaluate said faith.

Science showing us the life "finds a way" is a good thing for anyone that believes in a Creator, it shows that God has endowed in"His" creation the ability to evolve and to meet the challenegs of existence, how is this a bad thing ?

• simon17
    simon17

Fossil record is extremely incomplete so cannot be called proof.

DNA are the complex designed building blocks of life. They prove an intelligent designer.

To quote the Princess Bride: You keep using that word... I dont think it means what you a-think it means...

• simon17
    simon17

Science showing us the life "finds a way" is a good thing for anyone that believes in a Creator, it shows that God has endowed in"His" creation the ability to evolve and to meet the challenegs of existence, how is this a bad thing ?

Not that I agree with your conclussion PSac, but this is precisely the way people who believe in God should angle their arguments. God set the wheels into motion and did precisely what you just said. Then its just... ok we both have two different ideas of abiogenesis but we can agree to disagree because the evidence can support either conclusion at this point.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Well no shit sherlock. Neither is our knowledge of the roman empire, or our knowledge of the solar system (or universe) or any number of things. ..."

Good point, Bohm. I was about to make a similar point about the actions of the police and crime scene investigators at crime scenes.

I would point out to "Debater", that crime scene investigators don't have "all" the evidence, under normal circumstances; they don't - as investigators - expect to be able to rebuild every instant of the crime. (Even with videotape... - although that's good, solid evidence...)

Also, as most policemen will tell you, eyewitness versions of crimes usually aren't very reliable. The same applies to so-called "eyewitness" accounts of "miracles", tales handed down from great-great-great-great grandfathers, and so on...

They usually ARE, however, able to gather enough information to ascertain who the guilty party is - when the crime was committed, what the victim was killed with, what type of car the killer drove, and so on...

Geology, paleontology, archaeology - these sciences and many more, have been compared to crime investigations, because they use methods and techniques that have many points in common.

If you doubt the results of scientists' studies and research, how can you rely on criminal investigations?? How can you rely on mechanisms that work on "theories", like the "theory" of electricity, the "theory" of radio waves, the "theory" of wavelengths of light, ranging from ultraviolet to infrared - and beyond, the "theory" of aerodynamic lift, the "theory" of centrifugal force, etc, etc, etc...

I've always considered it tremendously hypocritical of fundamentalists to berate the scientific community's discoveries and theories, yet usurp portions of their discoveries as "proof" of their Johnny-come-lately Middle-Eastern male volcano "god's" existence, and seize upon new technologies based on those theories while debasing the scientific theories and discoveries that GAVE the fundamentalists such advances, in the first place...!!

Debater displays that same blithely unaware mentality.

Zid

• debator
    debator

Hi leolaia

By searching the way you suggest through the fossil record they are just creating a self-fulling prophecy. They would reject what doesn't fit and fit something that fills their search requirements. The bias is already in place before they even start searching.

By constantly reshaping and rejecting Evolution to an already set darwinistic framework there is no room for critical observation. There is no allowance that these pieces could make a clearer picture but one that is completely different.

• bohm
    bohm

Debator: Avoiding me again, are we? I think its clear why you are dodging my question, you dont have an answer because deep down I even think you know that the majority of what has been written about the flood is pretty embarassing.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

bohm, I think Ren//Debator epitomizes the subject title here. How do JWs explain the fossil record? they don't, they ignore...give unrelated answers and make bold yet baseless assertions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit