How do Jehovah's Witnesses Explain This Fossil Record?

by sabastious 143 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Well, Reniaa may have changed names to Debator, but not who she is, nor her reasoning ability, and certainly not her 'debating skills'- using quotes because they are so poor they do not qualify to be called debating skills.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    By searching the way you suggest through the fossil record they are just creating a self-fulling prophecy. They would reject what doesn't fit and fit something that fills their search requirements. The bias is already in place before they even start searching.

This dismissive statement ignores the methodology's predictive value. Our understanding of geology and paleontology is so good that scientists know where to dig to find the kind of fossil they are looking for. So one may want to find an extremely rare fossil transitional between fish and amphibian with specific characteristics that should be there on account of its closest preserved relatives, a creature that no one has ever seen before. Such a creature, if it existed, should be found in sedimentary rocks datable to 390-370 MYA, and rocks not of inland forests but the ancient coastline. There are late Devonian (Frasnian) rocks of that age in Ellesmere Island, so paleontologists dig there, who then discover three skeletons of the creature that they had predicted should exist. You don't find that just digging a hole in your backyard or going to any old cliff face. Hardly a self-fulfilling prophecy if it tells you where to focus your money and energies in mounting an expedition.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Scientists basically say "It doesn't matter about that past point we hailed as proof but have now disgarded.
    Now we have even greater proof in this one." And that is the history of Darwinism in a nutshell.
    Old gives way to new and ever more complex theology of scientific possibilities until a new set comes along.....Debator/Reniaa

What happens if we replace Scientists,Darwinisim and Scientific with WBT$?..

WBT$ basically say "It doesn't matter about that past point we hailed as proof but have now disgarded.

Now we have even greater proof in this one." And that is the history of WBT$ in a nutshell.

Old gives way to new and ever more complex theology of WBT$ possibilities until a new set comes along.

Never dismiss the Ability..

Of Debator/Reniaa to Out-Stupid herself..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• debator
    debator

Hi Leolaia My point still stands. Whether hey find what they are looking for or not and since oceanic fossils are the largest group (the least effected by he flood event) they are very predictive and adaptive but they are still reading their framework into it. lobe-fin fish are an example of this. Showing what happens when they get it wrong thinking a fin adaption is the next stage in evolution but ends up being just another fin adaption. They are hampered by seeing the skeleton and not the animal and they "see" what they want to see. It is the starting framewark that is the problem one that throws away what they cannot use as proof as they did the lobe-fin fish and move on to newer searches.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hi Leolaia My point still stands.....Debator/Reniaa

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Outlaw, Reniaa/Debator has not convinced you??

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Outlaw, Reniaa/Debator has not convinced you??

IssacAustin..

I`m convinced..

Debator/Reniaa has had a Serious "Head Injury" at some point in her life..

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Outlaw,

I think you are probably right.

However, I think she is seeking attention and recognition, so here:

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I found this on the WEB its a reconstructed skull made from an MRI of Debator's skull

its called the Debator Skull , astonishing it looks identical to a skull of Homo Erectus

who lived a million years ago.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

One thing that shows the lack of intuitive logic within creationists is somehow they think

if there hasn't been any fossils found that look like a transitional species , such as a

creature with a fish's head and fin-tail but with 4 legs that disproves evolution, in spite

of the fact 99.9999% of all species that ever lived has completely vanished from decomposition.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit