How do Jehovah's Witnesses Explain This Fossil Record?

by sabastious 143 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bohm
    bohm

isaac: Yah, its just lalalala..

There are definately two standards for how Debator evaluate evidence. For example, the "its all post-hoc arguments" reply he gave Leolai apply 100% to everything that has ever been said about the bible. But when it come to the bible, there is absolutely no problem no matter how obvious the post-hoc analysis is, see the many failed prophecies of the WT.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

lol Of course! One set of standards to defend 'the truth' and another set to defend 'the truth' against truth.

• debator
    debator

Hi bohn

Your trying to draw me into speculation about the flood! The Bible says there was one and racial memory of a flood supports this, from one end of the earth to another.

Since the requirements to know what a world-wide flood would do to the earth would be to have it redone (including the original conditions) to see the consequences. I cannot see how anyone would know without flooding the world again what it's geological fingerprint would be.

Maybe they are looking for something small when they should be looking for huge. Or maybe looking right at it but not seeing it for what it is.

I'm not a geologist and to try and pretend I am is just silly. But as I said before whether they are looking for proof or disproof starting from either viewpoint makes for a biased position when then looking at the evidence and so will contaminate the results.

• debator
    debator

Hi bohm

"failed prophecies" your prejudice screams out just there from that expression alone. Witnesses have not made one single prophecy! I can say that completely truthfully and you cannot produce one single Prophecy from them.

Interpreting EXISTING Bible prophecies is not making an actual prophecy.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I'm not a geologist and to try and pretend I am is just silly

This is the kind of statement that makes me nuts - you acknowledge that you have no expertise in a very specific science but you're ok with impugning their motives to push your own belief in a global flood...you're doing exactly what you're accusing the experts of without even researching their findings beyond what the holy Watchtower tells you.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

R/-bator daid:

Post 562 of 562
    Since 5/18/2010

Hi bohm

"failed prophecies" your prejudice screams out just there from that expression alone. Witnesses have not made one single prophecy! I can say that completely truthfully and you cannot produce one single Prophecy from them.

My reply: The Bible disagree with you Reniaa.

Jeremiah 28:

10 Then Hananiah the prophet took the yoke from the neck of Jeremiah the prophet and broke it. 11 Hananiah spoke in the presence of all the people, saying,

(Then the WT, God’s channel of truth and modern-day prophet printed millions of copies of magazine for all members to read and proclaim…sayingJ

“Thus says the LORD, ‘Even so will I break within two full years the yoke of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon from the neck of all the nations.’” Then the prophet Jeremiah went his way.

(“…this magazine builds confidence in the Creator’s promise of a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away."

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Taking your loaded language out of your post Reniaa, we are left with:

Hi bohm

Witnesses have not made one single prophecy! you cannot produce one single Prophecy from them.

My reply: Oh...we are left with more of your baseless assertions. LOL

• bohm
    bohm

debator - racial memory and the fact a flood is mentioned in the bible? Thats your two best argument?

So if i could proove that people all over the world has a "racial memory" of more than one God, that would be a good argument for polytheism, in your view?

• bohm
    bohm

debator- oh please! Your changing the topic by arguing one of your favorite semantical arguments, its very transparent to everyone.

• debator
    debator

Hi poopsie

I am not critising their geology only there bias and history. I don't have to be a geologist to that.

They are making very BIG claims from a record they admit themselves is incomplete and one they goto with pre-existing framework that contaminate any results they get because they only apply them to that framework.

Scientists basically say "It doesn't matter about that past point we hailed as proof but have now disgarded. Now we have even greater proof in this one." And that is the history of Darwinism in a nutshell. Old gives way to new and ever more complex theology of scientific possibilities until a new set comes along.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit